Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this in Redbridge today. I didn't talk to the owner or see it in action, but it's one funny looking set-up. I actually thought about a similar concept for my XCR, but hopefully would've pulled it off a little better then this set-up. I wonder what it's like to ride.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
could be someone with a bad back or something, or bad knees. Looks like it would allow you to not have to bend your legs as much. You could 'stand' up straighter, take the pressure off your back.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That is funny stuff, I don't care who you are! If you have a bad back or bad knees, you really shouldn't be out sledding. It looks horrible, the xtra 12 should do a good enough job for most trails unless you ride too hard or the skid is in need of new shocks and or springs. I'd be embarassed to leave my garage with that on my sled.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
That does look Wierd, I wonder if it's there for a second passenger to sit up higher than the driver? Custom indeed. :dazed:

Snow4

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Maybe with bar risers....

How the heck do you turn the bars without hitting your legs? Maybe the foam is so soft you sink down into it for a "saddle" effect?

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
That is funny stuff, I don't care who you are! If you have a bad back or bad knees, you really shouldn't be out sledding. It looks horrible, the xtra 12 should do a good enough job for most trails unless you ride too hard or the skid is in need of new shocks and or springs. I'd be embarassed to leave my garage with that on my sled.[/b]
why trash a guy that would have the desire to ride even though he had aches and pains?

·
Registered
347 Posts
my thoughts exactly labudda. i give him credit for sticking with the sport even though he has those pains. i would probably do the same thing. to be in all honesty, that looks like the most comfortable seat ever.

·
Registered
644 Posts
QUOTE(jawz @ Feb 5 2007, 05:39 AM)
That is funny stuff, I don't care who you are! If you have a bad back or bad knees, you really shouldn't be out sledding. It looks horrible, the xtra 12 should do a good enough job for most trails unless you ride too hard or the skid is in need of new shocks and or springs. I'd be embarassed to leave my garage with that on my sled.

why trash a guy that would have the desire to ride even though he had aches and pains?[/b]
I think that's the "innocence" of youth speaking. I'm sure we've all said and done things which weren't exactly kind to the "old geezers." Would that anyone saying those things is lucky enough to live (and ride) long enough, they'll undoubtedly eat those words or, at least regret saying them.

There are a lot of things which aren't kind to a person's back and knees. The newer machines are so much better suspended than the older ones. Anyone who put many miles on the older "leaf front - bronco rear" suspensions ought to understand how good it is now. And they probably limp sometimes or favor certain riding positions when they ride. (I'm not speculating about that. I don't mind tallying the years - I wouldn't mind if it came about without some of the aches and pains though.)

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I think that's the "innocence" of youth speaking. I'm sure we've all said and done things which weren't exactly kind to the "old geezers." Would that anyone saying those things is lucky enough to live (and ride) long enough, they'll undoubtedly eat those words or, at least regret saying them.

There are a lot of things which aren't kind to a person's back and knees. The newer machines are so much better suspended than the older ones. Anyone who put many miles on the older "leaf front - bronco rear" suspensions ought to understand how good it is now. And they probably limp sometimes or favor certain riding positions when they ride. (I'm not speculating about that. I don't mind tallying the years - I wouldn't mind if it came about without some of the aches and pains though.)[/b]
So true, So true, and these young people don't realize that all the wipe-outs, spills, falls, crashes and things alike will effect them later in life. The aches and pains eventually come. We put some extra padding on our knee pads just for this reason. If it looks wierd.. so be it.

[attachment=33272:post_155...37584535.jpg][attachment=33273:post_159...29_thumb.jpg]

Snow4

·
Registered
252 Posts
well i gotta say this!! i have a 93 polaris indy which is similar to the one in the pics.and it rides like a lumber wagon,i'm only 35 years old and after riding it all day i can barely walk my knees and back are throbing. but the next day i'm right back to it and love every minute of it, no pain no gain lol.how ever next season i will be taking advantage of modern technoligy. my wife and i are starting to shop pretty hard for some of that new soft riding suspension that newer sleds have to offer.our 93's will be passed down to our 2 older childerin who are old enough to start riding on there own sled next season.and i'm sure they will enjoy that old suspension for a few years until they can afford their own newer sleds.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Strange yes, but give the person credit! Whatever you have to do to keep riding is okay with me!

·
Registered
629 Posts
There was a guy in Orangeville arrested many years ago when he was pulled over on his bike he had the head of his girlfriend in a box on the back. Maybe he is out on parole, someone should have a look in that seat. :eek:hmy:

(Link would not work cut and paste)

JENNIFER ZUMACH, 21 - disappeared January 15, 1999
James Vernon Randall, 31 - charged with first-degree murder
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
Common-law husband faces murder charge (Orangeville Banner) It was Randall who reported Zumach missing on January 17, 1999.
Orangeville man charged after woman's head found in a box (The Toronto Star) A 31-year-old Orangeville man has been charged with first-degree murder after police found the head of his common-law wife in a box on the back of his motorcycle.
Kin speaks out for slain woman -- (Toronto Sun) Jennifer Zumach's parents spoke out yesterday to reclaim their murdered daughter's reputation, saying she was a loving mother working toward a better life for herself and son before vanishing in January 1999.

·
Registered
657 Posts
How does talking about a seat, end up talking about a murder? lol. I'm just wondering how tippy that thing has become with a passenger on the back, and what's the passenger supposed to hold on to? If they're short, they'd almost be standing. But a crafty idea, nonetheless :)

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Thought of the seat riser for my sled :)

BUT that sled needs a handle bar riser also

riding that sled is a perfect way to get a bad back as you would be hunched over

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
could be someone with a bad back or something, or bad knees. Looks like it would allow you to not have to bend your legs as much. You could 'stand' up straighter, take the pressure off your back.[/b]
Don't forget about the roides :tongue:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts