Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to get a list of names used in the snowmobile world for the dnr....Like trout troopers,tree hugers,fun police.ect    jeff in nh

·
Registered
858 Posts
Horsecollars  

·
Registered
884 Posts
We call the local DNR on our lake the Fish Cops!

A

·
0 Posts
I don't have a name for them, but when they come around I call myself "History"  

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well, Am i the only one who has had a good expiernce with the Dnr???   My first scene was riding ATV's on the side of a high way.. Hum... Actual got caught in the 100 yard stretch we rode on.. Unliciended machines, and for some unkown reasson he let us off.. Not sure why...  But we where lucky...  Second wasn't actual Dnr, but a Cop on a sled just out side of marquette in the U.P. We where sitting taking a break, and he stopped and we talked to him for atleast 20 minets. He was very helpfully and aswered some unsure of questions we had...   But any way... We also call em Fish Cops!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I call them Crappie Cops.. Its something like a fish cop but a crappie is a fish that no body really cares about and stuff but we still need a cop to watch out for them.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Most DNR I have run into have been very pleasant.
As with any cop, if you mind your manners and act like a human being they will treat you the same.
Of course there are the few a$$holes out there that play barney bada$$.
One time while riding in northern lower michigan this LADY DNR was just that. The trail was just a few hundred feet from a gas station so most people just turned down the road to get there [which is legal in that county] only problem is, most people went down the wrong side of the road to get there, not that big a deal but still illegal. She was running around like a cat in a rat house. She was trying to stop people left and right, it was so funny I almost fell off my sled. Another funny thing about it was a county cop was there too just sitting in his car giggling and shaking his head at this wanna be!!!

I have been riding for thirty years and have payed a total of $75.00 in fines $50.00 of that was for 1hr. of pure intertainment having a DNR trying to catch me with his cruiser on a long lonely stretch of northern back road.
Now you ask, he must have got caught if he had a 50.00 fine?
No, my BUDDY got caught and he squealed! I recieved a ticket in the mail about a week later saying to pay the 50 or your court date is on such and such day. So I payed because it would have cost a lot more in time off as the police and DNR know and still do to this day! It was still a GRIN!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tree Pigs, Pine Pigs  etc...

·
Registered
741 Posts
I also have had no problem with th DNR. I pay for my trail permits and license and always have a nice conversation with them. I always treat them they way I would want to be trated by ANYONE and have no problems. Kevin

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
obviously the DNR is the USA natural resource people and here in ontario we have the MLF short for ministry of lands and forests and of course we call them mr. logs and frogs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow that got mor replys and funny names than I thought. I`am not saying I dislike the fun police just poking some fun at them.I have only had to pay 1 fine so far headding to the parking spot from a gas stop they were close but you were on the road to do it .MY falut but the guy was a wannabe imho.Up in maine were I ride they have all ben nice... thanks jeff in nh

·
Registered
308 Posts
Now you did it  You reminded me of my sons cop story  he wanted to go for a 4 mile ride to pick up a girlfriend and give her aride on the sled the snow was to deep to ride off the snowcovered highway so he picks up the girl and down the state highway they go
 he passes a off duty local town cop from a town 10 miles away from his juristiction.  the crazy cop being the dudly do rite that he his,  turns around and chases a snowmobile on a snow covered road in a two wheel drive car.  my son not even knowing a cop is chasing eventuly stopped and this cop slid into the curb trying to cut him  off.   now the cop can arrest him  so he calls the local cop in the town they were in to write the ticket.  his remark to my son was he was getting tired of not being able to catch the snowmobilers in his town.   I have to give that guy the jerk of the year award  
  Now don't get me wrong  My son was not in the right for going down the highway.  and he was punished for it.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
al,
 sounds like the cop was weaned off the brestaurant way too soon and even has an attitude off duty. i wouldn't want to be caught by him on duty, he makes all cops look bad.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I myself have no probs with Conservation officers! Most are generally nice and have good communication skills and don't pull power trips! One season of ice fishing, before I owned a sled, we had an officer ask to see our licenses every weekend. Everytime he pulled up, he would talk all nice then when he was about to leave he would ask to see them! My guess was that he seen my license over 15 times that year! And the sad thing was, after 3 times we were on a first name basis with the guy! He was like a buddy!, Guess he needed someone to bug!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
once while hunting on the family farm the swamp i was hunting is atleast 1/2 a mile from any roads and i was camoflouged hidden in the marsh waitng for the birds to roost. i spotted the logs and frogs guy stop his car and walk to our marsh, i think he was surprised to find out i was there. he was looking for good hunting for himself i think and he made it official by asking me to unload the weapon, i am sure i could have sat right where i was without him noticing me. we said our small talk and he left.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts