Snowmobile World banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have no problem with the DNR.These people work thier butts off for crap pay.Never have I got a conservation type ticket.I respect what they do,someone has to do it.

Just a little story......My brother and I were up in northern Wis deer hunting.Late opening day we were tracking a deer that he shot.It got late and dark very quick.It took us a while to find our way back to the truck.We saw another vehicle parked next to ours,it was the DNR guy waiting to make sure we got out OK.It was nice to know that there was somebody concern if we got out of the big woods alright.

·
Registered
308 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (highlandergerman @ May 04, 2002, 12:41am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">didnt manage to get his daily does of sugar from donuts,  was this dudley do right a rcmp?[/b][/quote]
No I doubt he would be able to pass the qualifications test to be a rcmp.  You can get qualified in PA to be a policeman for a small town or township by taking a three week certification course.
Just think in three weeks you can carry a gun and arrest people.    Scary isnt it?   The other good one is to be a dcnr cop  one of those qualifications is you have to be able to tread water for 1 minute.  being a dcnr cop in pa gives you the right to search a seizure of a persons car and house without a search warrant.    and you thought you lived in a free country?
??

·
Registered
299 Posts
D Dam
N Near
R Russian

Just like every law enforcement, and people in general, there are CO's out there that are a pleasure to interact with, and there are those on a "I didn't get enough love when I was a kid" powertrip.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I never had had anyprobles with the dnr or anything but my snowmobile club has private trails that only the members know about and its all on private property... but mostly we call cops pigs or bacon

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm a Deputy Sheriff and we call them "crick dicks" or "carp cops". And just for the record, I agree with alot of the comments in here. There are alot of badge heavy cops out there that can be real jerks for no reason. But like with any profession there's good and there's bad. Unfortunately everyone seems to only remember the bad ones.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've never had a problem with them, but we call it the...

D = Department of
N = No
R = Reason

Because they do not need a reason for what they do, and seem to be able to put an end to anything they so choose.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Paul, get w/ the program :D It the MNR now, Ministry of Natural Resources. My friend's father who I hunt w/ & tagged me w/ the reverend nickname, calls the COs sardine policemen.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just found a new nickname that I love for them! Crick Dicks!

Thanks MO-FO.

LOL

D

21 - 33 of 33 Posts