Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
For those of you who have been told by your dealers that CAT doesn't know about the residue in the tank problem, find a different dealer now.  While in WI for the last few days, I asked dealers about the problem, and they knew exactly what I was talking about, and said CAT hasn't issued any recalls because it is such an easy fix, as many of you have figured out already.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I'm curious too.  Are you talking about all the "newer" cats, or just the brand new ones?  And by residue, do you mean like sludge in the tank or what??
Whats the scoop?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, inquireing minds want to know......tap,tap,tap,,,,,,nudge,nudge,nudge!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Sorry guys, was referring to the problem for which guys were reporting that their new EFI sleds quit running with 50 to 500 miles or so on them and dealers were replacing fuel pumps and power valves, not knowing exactly what the problem was, only to have the same thing happen, sometimes before guys got their sleds home from the shop.  Some people reported that the problem was a residue left in the tank during assembly and when mixed with gas it clogged the screen on the pick-up in the bottom of the tank.  Other guys stated that their dealer said CAT knew nothing of this problem.  That's exactly what the problem is, and CAT does know about it.  The fix is to pull the screen out of the tank and clean it one time and it should be good to go.  I don't have an EFI sled, yet, but I'm interested because I will buy a leftover EFI sled this summer and wanted to know exactly what was going on.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Guess I can stop complaining now............probably not........there will be somethin else!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts