Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with this unit guys. This is my 6th Garmin Gps so I am not new to Gps's. ( 5 failed on me) So I want to set the "bread Crumb" trail on this unit. I don't seem to be able to get it to show on the screen. I go in an delete existing tracks. I then go in and choose warp. I create a starting way point and then do some traveling. I have tried this in my car and on foot. I don't see any visible track on the screen like I did on other Gps I have owned. I have gone through the manual and tried everything but this is driving me nuts. Is there a on off choice? I'm starting to wonder if this unit doesn't have this feature which seems pretty basic on all their models. Am I missing something?

RR

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is your's a color model 76? If so make sure the track color is not set to transparent.

·
Registered
269 Posts
check this setting: Map Setup...Line tab...Track Log...is it set to Auto?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is set for "Wrap when full"
" Auto "
" Most often"

It's really driving me crazy. It talks about the bread crumb trail in the manual but doesn't elaborate much. I wonder if the B&W has some setting like you mentioned with the Colour. Way points are birght just no trail left when I travel. I use the Gps for out on the larger lakes to retrace my steps in Bilzards or fog. Without the bread crumb trail I'd have to leave and create a ton of way points.

RR

·
Registered
269 Posts
It is set for "Wrap when full"
" Auto "
" Most often"
It's really driving me crazy. It talks about the bread crumb trail in the manual but doesn't elaborate much. I wonder if the B&W has some setting like you mentioned with the Colour. Way points are birght just no trail left when I travel. I use the Gps for out on the larger lakes to retrace my steps in Bilzards or fog. Without the bread crumb trail I'd have to leave and create a ton of way points.

RR[/b]
That is not what I asked you to check...re-read my post above...it's a different setting.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok got it. Those setings"may" have been off. I have been playing with the unit for days. I'll go give it a try and let you know how I make out.

RR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts