Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there other ways of securing a gas can with out a rack. My buddy needs one but doesnt want the rack. I have seen where people use Eye bolts in each corner. Is there a rack that is removable? Thanxs

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well I guess it kinda depends on the sled, but on Summits we just use two bungies and hook one end in the end of the grabhandle tube and the other in the the corner of the tunnel and the mudflap. Make an X with two bungies. It works great for 2.5 and 5 gallon cans.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanxs for the pics Skiddmark. WE are going to use those thick rubber straps also.
Fuzzy The tour buddies are cool, and I know people that use them. My buddy even knows the guy that owns the company, so we can get a deal on them. But for the life of me I cannot justify spending $200 plus on a fancy gerry can. ;)

Once the tank in the sled is half empty I will dump the gas from the gerry in, to decrease some of the rear weight. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Skiddmark what is that on the Summit closest in the picture? Looks like holes down the back of the the tunnel or something. Looks to be a really good idea to bungie stuff down.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah those are a great idea. It will be perfect for my buddy, and basically free . :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
That closest one in the picture was my sled last year before the tunnel extension. I made those little aluminum brackets but I found I don't really use them that much so I left them off this year. They do work great for securing odd shaped things on the tunnel though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts