Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone out there has run across this b/4?
Was sledding with my wife and b/4 we loaded up the sleds back onto the trailer I decided to give
my 2000, 700 rmk one more little toot so I brought her up to about 85 mph and let go of the throttle in order to slow down and turn around and the engine died right there. I tried pulling the cord 20 times or so but ended up towing the sled back to the trailer. I got the machines back home and put them in my garage but haven't had much of a chance to go over it other than checking for gas and spark. It is getting both but seems like it is flooding itself. The smell of gas is soooooooo strong in my garage that it is like I've left a couple pf jerry cans completely open.
I don't see any leaks although I haven't delved into that too deeply as of yet. Wondering if I have a bit of a leak at the gas tank (how do you remove the seat to check?) or if the fuel pump is throwing too much gas out to the carbs ?? Any ideas as to what to check would be much appreciated !!.
(p.s. - That 700 rmk was running like a top b/4 this happened - compression is 113 & 114 respectively)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you freeze up a carb and have the throttle cable safety kill the motor?[/b]
Checked the throttle safety switches. Still getting spark so I don't think the problem is there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey well the way i under stood it thats its flooding itself, almost seems like one of the floats r sticking take ur carbs off and blow intp where the gas goes into the carbs at and close the float with ur finger and see if theres any air going threw , does that sound right to anyone lol???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey well the way i under stood it thats its flooding itself, almost seems like one of the floats r sticking take ur carbs off and blow intp where the gas goes into the carbs at and close the float with ur finger and see if theres any air going threw , does that sound right to anyone lol???[/b]
Thanks for the advise. Something to look towards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts