Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ...While warming up my 99 FZ 670 I noticed the electric gas gauge doesn't work. In memory I remember it acting a littgle screwy last year. Yes there is gas in the tank? Before I drag her into the shop...How much of a pain in the a$$ is this going to be. I've heard of the wires breaking off some sending units, do you have to pull the seat to get to it? or should I just get the gas cap with the gauge in it. Could it short out anything else?
Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would get a gas cap w/ the guage on it. Its always good to have incase your electronic one breaks anyways. Im not sure how much of a pain it is to fix the electronic one, but its electronic so its probly a pain in the ###.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A cap with a guage stem on it may hit the electronic guage float inside the tank. You may want to look inside with a flaslight before purchasing one if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Pull the seat off and you will be able to get at the sending unit to check it out.I know on the 98 sending units the wire on it would break so i just soldered mine and it worked fine.I am not sure if the 99 used the same set up,but probably did.I think a new unit was around $100 Can.Great looking sled,nice condition.Also check the in-line fuse that runs from the sending unit,it may be blown.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Yeah..you can't use a mechanical guage with an electronic one because the mech guage will hit the float for the electronic one. Best just find the problem and fix it. It the guage went weird last year, it sounds like a wiring problem (ie broken wire) I am not familiar with the wiring for elec. guages but that is where I'd look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts