Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 formula 500. I seem to get really bad gas mileage. I was wondering if using premium/high octane gas would give me better mileage. Are there advantages to using the higher octane fuel?

·
1,327 Posts
what kind of mileage are you getting??

Using Higher octane fuel won't get you better mileage, you'll just be throwing money away.

you need to compare your mileage with other, similar sleds to see if there actually is a problem, then try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

If higher octane fuel provided better milage, everyone would run it.

Higher octane won't do anything unless your motor is designed to burn it(higher compression etc)

·
Registered
193 Posts
what kind of mileage are you getting??

Using Higher octane fuel won't get you better mileage, you'll just be throwing money away.

you need to compare your mileage with other, similar sleds to see if there actually is a problem, then try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

If higher octane fuel provided better milage, everyone would run it.

Higher octane won't do anything unless your motor is designed to burn it(higher compression etc)[/b]
Check you floats and your gap on spark plugs my mxz was gaped at 30 thousand i gap to.018 thousand,(stock gap) i got twice the gas milage.my floats were off a little to,higher octane will burn hotter then low,Crash dummy

·
Registered
903 Posts
Clean out your carbs.

Higher octane will do zero for a sled that doesn't recommend it (such as yours).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts