Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out on my sled( an 07' 600cfi) to see what I was really geting gas miliage wise. So riding hard I got 13.5mpg then taking easy, by that I mean going fast but just not opening the trottle around every corner, I got 16.5mpg I was in shock considering my last sled got 10mpg. I thought that I was good with that. Then the next day I check out the wifes 06' 500ss and was floored when she got 20mpg. Unreal. Makes it nice on the wallet filling up both sleds after a nice ride. Using almost 1/2 the gas I did last year at fill ups. I know someone is probly getting better mps but I am real happy with what I'm getting along with a sled I couldn't be happier with. Plus the fact that after no snow forever It seems like its never going to stop snowing here in central NY.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Yea, my 500SS gets close to the 20mpg mark on sensible trail rides, great that fuel stops are less of a concern.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I get 14mpg canuck with mine

have gotten as high as 17

·
Registered
335 Posts
03'MXZ550Fan=12mpg...... 98'Formula 3 700 triple= 14.5mpg... The triple must not be working very hard .... In any case, we spend way more in gas for the truck to trailer the sleds then we doo riding them.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
My last fill up I did 11.5mpg (CAN), and only got that good because at least 30 miles were done on a plowed road, so I wasn't really pushing it.
I can't even imagine what it would be like to get 20mpg. That would mean I could do 180 miles to a tank. Wow, that would be sweet indeed.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah, it would be nice to get nearly 200 miles per tank. Wonder how much oil you're burning though? If the oil is matching the fuel, and the engine is the same size, how is the mixture working well? Then again, I guess that's the computer making sure none of the oil/gas get's waisted vs. carbs being adjusted for one mode of riding.

I find the harder I ride it, the better the mileage. That said, I get an average of 12.59mpg (stated before; I know, I know).

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
How can there be such a dif in MPG between the 600 and 700????

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The oil consumption has been great also. In both the sleds this year combined I have only used 1 gallon of vesII polaris oil. Both are topped off now and I have roughly 550miles on my 07' 600 and about 450 miles on the wifes 06' 500ss. Seems awsome to me. I'm starting to think that both of my old sleds were pigs when it came to gas and oil consumption.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Last year when I was riding my 2003 Polaris XC500SP, I was getting 14 MPG. The two other guys were on 2005 SkiDoo 500SS sleds and getting 20 MPG. It was difficult trying to run with them as I was having to get fuel long before they were and it was almost embarrassing. Now I have a 2007 500SS also and am able to ride with them and not worry about looking for a gas station until we have gone 150 miles or so.

John.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts