Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 zr600efi and the gas mileage is between 5 to 7 miles a gallon. It is bone stock. It bogs out of the hole sometimes and I found out my cam bushings and bolts were worn out. I've heard that arctic-cat doesn't really have that much faith in the efi so they run in on the rich side. So I was told you can fine tune with an adjustable fuel regulator. I want to stay away from aftermarket chips. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It's to bad you didnt have the 01 with power valves. The non valved 5,6 and 700's were known for thair poor fuel economy and I have never known anyone that used a fuel regulator before but I did know a guy who had a [email protected] set up on his 600 and it burnt down. If I were you I would look towards something with APV.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That seems a little worse than mine. I usually get about 8-9 MPG depending how I ride.

My EFI sled is the crispest sled (over all temperature and altitiude variations) I've ever ridden, EFI should not bog out of the hole, and if your clutch needs to be rebuilt, I'd say you are losing some economy in the clutch and maybe an EFI , plug, or injector mis-tuning.

Good luck

Maxwell

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mine is a 00 600 with D&D set up. My buddy has a stock one also. But I bet we both get about the same gas milage. 9-13. Depending on how we are riding.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I also have a 00ZR6EFI with a D&D set up. I not sure about the mpg but I get about 85-100Km to a tank of gas. That is again depending on agressive riding or not. Have not had any problems with bogging out of the hole. But was getting a vibration throughout the whole sled last year. Was thinking it might be the cam bearings. Asked the dealer they said they won't be able to work on it till the snow flies.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
For what it's worth, the fuel economy of my '00 ZR700 improved substantially when I changed the clutching. I don't know what the clutching is like on the 600, but it was especially bad on the 700.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I didn't put a packaged kit in, I built my own from parts. It has an HPE primary spring (blue/black, I think), the optional AC secondary spring (green, I think) and 58g Polaris weights. It really changed the overall performance of this sled, not to mention the fuel economy. I also added low friction rollers to the secondary as well which are supposed to improve backshifting and reduce rolling resistance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can also pinch the oil down and then you increase your horse power by 20%. And your fuel economy. It also runs your engine a little bit leaner. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I am going to first try setting the oil pump back about 1mm (on the advice of another ZR700 rider) on mine as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts