Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 gsx with the 500ss engin and i used it one time i was geting 10 miles to the gallon will i ever get more or is that it i was not beting ont it the fast,s i went was 35mpg becase the trails were not groomed well

·
Registered
903 Posts
MAYBE if you were in heavy powder on an ungroomed trail driving it hard, 10 mpg is it. However, the 500SS is known to be fairly good on fuel (more like 15-17 mpg on a groomed trail).

If you were calculating mileage based off the gas gauge, that may account for error (gauge does not work).

If not, the first thing I would do is clean your carbs out and verify the jets (if they were not stock).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MAYBE if you were in heavy powder on an ungroomed trail driving it hard, 10 mpg is it. However, the 500SS is known to be fairly good on fuel (more like 15-17 mpg on a groomed trail).

If you were calculating mileage based off the gas gauge, that may account for error (gauge does not work).

If not, the first thing I would do is clean your carbs out and verify the jets (if they were not stock).[/b]

it was undergroomed it was ESTER weekend and they did not groom them so i well get more to the gallon when its groomed

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
make sure those clutches are 100% operational before you start in on anything else.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have a 2004 gsx with the 500ss engin and i used it one time i was geting 10 miles to the gallon will i ever get more or is that it i was not beting ont it the fast,s i went was 35mpg becase the trails were not groomed well[/b]
I had a 04 500ss Legend GT and I never got better than 12mpg even when I rode it single. Now, my 06 and 07 600HO SDI GSX's as well as our 04 V-1000 Legend GT have got a tad over 20mpg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts