Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here we go again, gas just went up 20 cents to $1.50-$1.70 a gallon and from what I hear with a possible war comming up it will keep going up!!
I really hate to sound so negitive, but how many of us can really afford to play at 2-3 maybe $4.00 dollars a gal.?
This will really put a damper on alot of folks that have family's riding.
With the stock market plumeting, owning a sled may be a trade for food and shelter. I sure hope not!!!

Last edited by Snow Monkey at Sep. 25, 2002, 5:59pm

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
any that can weather the storm might find some great deals

·
Registered
918 Posts
Its 1.33 here in Lansing right now. Probably not worth the drive though lol.
             Ryan

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
In northern Canada, the pump price for 92 octane is $1.07 CDN/litre.  That works out to around $2.55 US/US gallon.  
  Can you mail me some of that $1.33 fuel?    

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zog, you mail me some of that free health care you get thru gas taxes and I will. The buck 1.70 is for 87 octane.
RNM2399, wait until u get up in the morning, it will be different.
dooman, there have been some super deals out all summer but the season is closing in and getting just a tad bit harder.

·
Registered
364 Posts
1.64 for super here in Maine. Northern Maine where i ride is usually 15-20 more a gallon

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Here it has been the same price all summer long for the most part.

87~$1.50   ]
90~$1.60   }   US GALLON
93~$1.70   ]

Hope that price increase is just  a Mich. thing.  

I would like to know where all the $0.42 per gallon tax money goes.  

·
Registered
49 Posts
WHEN YOUR A FARMER YOU GET DEALS AT $1.11 A GALLON FOR 87 YEAR ROUND IT AIN'T A BAD DEAL OF COURSE WE CAN'T USE IT IN SLEDS OR VEICHLES ITS STILL NICE FOR THE TRACTORS AND LIL' UTILITY VEICHLES

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Here in the durham region area in ontario it's around .69 cents
a litre for 87.Stupid me filled up at .72 cents on mon and it cost $70 to fill up the truck

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (03' 440 PRO X @ Sep. 25, 2002, 10:40pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WHEN YOUR A FARMER YOU GET DEALS AT $1.11 A GALLON FOR 87 YEAR ROUND IT AIN'T A BAD DEAL OF COURSE WE CAN'T USE IT IN SLEDS OR VEICHLES ITS STILL NICE FOR THE TRACTORS AND LIL' UTILITY VEICHLES[/b][/quote]
Why wouldn't you be able to use nontaxed fuel in your sled?  It is not an on road vehicle, and should not be subject to road use taxes.  

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Its the same with my boat, but the Can gov't keeps taking the road taxes anyway.

·
Registered
692 Posts

why dont we go take oil from countys that owe us hmmmm like KUWAIT !!!!! WHO ELSE OWES TH U.S . we give out the helping hand and what do we get back? for every u.s life lost should be 10 years of FREE oil!!!!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
You were right Mikadoo... $1.53 today. Hopefully I wont need gas before it goes down again.
                         Ryan

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
87 octane is around 80-82 per litre,not sure bout the premium,usually 10-12 cents more

A

·
0 Posts
I say the season premier of West Wing last night and they protrayed a Ford diesel pick up that was converted to run on soy.  Man if this was possible we'd be out of trouble.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder how much oil reserves we would have from the Alaskain pipeline WE built many years ago if the greedy oil barrons stopped selling it to Japan? Last I ever heard they pay $4.00 a gal. for fuel!!!!
Where I snowmobile, there are oil rigs everywhere and most sit idle because their so full there is nowhere to store it, at least that's what the guy's that run them say.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey folgers i agree with you 100% they should atleast help us out with the oil they have so #### much of it!!!!!!!!
   god #### dune coons!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
the sled is nothing i just dislike the heating costs and it costs huge to run a 4x4 up the road on a daily basis.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts