Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one know when to recharge their gas shock? Is it the miles on the sled or the years of usage?

·
Registered
131 Posts
The question is when to rebuild.Generally you'll loose oil before you loose your charge so you shouldn't need a recharge.Shocks should be rebuilt at least every year, depending on what kind of riding you do and how much.

·
Registered
131 Posts
well like i said depends on how you ridem', what shocks your useing , type of oil.i do mine every 1000k but i'm alittle hard on my sleds so they need it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I just removed the S/Frame shocks on my ZR800 and they looked just fine (2400 mi.). Cleaned up everything, filled them with freah oil and recharged them to 250#.

Auggie

·
Registered
131 Posts
easy on the psi there.if you put to much in there your just going to force the oil out through the seals.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I talked to a guy who rebuilds shocks for a living and he said that when you pull the needle out you lose 50# of charge, so thats the reason for the 250# shot.

Auggie

·
Registered
131 Posts
well i rebuild shocks also and thats news to me.the rubber in the valve seals up almost instantly ,i find it very hard to belive 50 lbs of nitro leaks out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
all rebuildable times depend on the manufacturer.  FOX have to consantly be re-built.  other companys dont have to be so much, but i like to rebuild mine after every season.

·
Registered
875 Posts
good question!  say you just got a used 95 Mach 1, how can you tell if the shocks are done and if so, whats the cost?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am certain the shocks on my 98 mxz 670 are shot. Knowing they are not rebuildable, what have people done who are in my siuation? I am not going to buy the same non-rebuildable HPG's for $240 per. The rebuildable HPG's(2000+) are $270 per but I am not sure if they will fit my sled. How are the Ryde Fx shocks? They are around $200 per and are rebuildable. Any other thoughts or does somone have rebuildable shocks to fit this sled for sale?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts