Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the problem with their tach and speedo icing up?  I'm on my second Gen II Polaris sled and both of them the gauges ice up.  I'm not storing the sled in a heated garage and I've never had this problem with my other Polaris sleds.  I'm wondering if its a design flaw.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
they might have a leak somewhere that is allowing steam from the engine ot get in...just park it in the sun for a while and the problem should go away for a while....or take the gauges off and take them into the house for a while...when they are dry try to find the leak and seal them up better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Icy gauges, just take a hair dryer and heat them alittle bit. It will reseal them. We did that on our 02 500 xc's and it works fine now.. We were riding in minus 25 celcius today and no frosting..

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
hmm...High Miler...where exactly do you point that blowdrier? Sounds like an intriguing technique...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Blow heat right at the face of the guage, till the frost is gone. Careful not to melt the plastic face. Then the outside edge will seal with the rest of the gauge...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts