Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Tragically Hip-OSA
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a group going up to Gaylord, MI, arriving around noon on Feb. 23 (Friday) and leaving Monday the 26th. If anyone is going to be in the area, let me know.

JT

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I've got a group going up to Gaylord, MI, arriving around noon on Feb. 23 (Friday) and leaving Monday the 26th. If anyone is going to be in the area, let me know.

JT[/b]
who's on the list and where you staying? We plan on going that wknd too ,but not sure where or with whom yet. Cant leave till fri night/ sat am. was thinking of a yooper run too.

mutt & snow4

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
We can make it.....but it will be Friday night to Sunday night! Where are you staying and who else is going? We will be there this weekennd too :blush: Plus got your T-shirt :wink:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
There is a good chance that I will be west of there (Mancelona Area). I would be up for some riding company... I will be on the 440, not exactly a speed deamon...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got a new sled this week and am dying to ride. I could come up late that Sat night (midnight) and ride on Sun and Mon. I can't get any of my friends to go along because we just got back from the UP a few weeks ago. I really need someone to ride with. I have a 5 hour drive to Gaylord but will travel anywhere in that area. If anyone will ride with me shoot me an email! [email protected]

Thanks,

Shane

·
Registered
538 Posts
There is a good chance that I will be west of there (Mancelona Area). I would be up for some riding company... I will be on the 440, not exactly a speed deamon...[/b]

Why wouldn't you ride the cougar? It should be good to go now right?

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
My wife and I just came from Gaylord spending a week riding and the weather was FANTASTIC! Plenty of snow and the trails were in excellent shape. Unfortunately we live in Florida so we will not be able to make it up there to ride until next winter. I purchased a new 2007 Arctic Cat Z570LX and could not be happier with it.
Let me get a plug in for the Sugar Bowl restaurant located in downtown Gaylord. The dinners are pricey but the very best. They serve breakfast too which was excellent and priced a bit better.
Have fun!

Richard & Terri
New Smyrna Beach

This weekend is the Daytona 500 Race just 10 miles north of us and it is busy. After that comes bike week and anxious to get the Big Red Harley and do some cruising.

(We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while in Gaylord)

·
Tragically Hip-OSA
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're staying at Beaver Creek Resort. Jonnie and kid rocker will be up with me, as well as my two bosses and a co-worker.

·
10,054 Posts
Jeff, what kind of room is available there, what kind of cost are we looking at???

·
Tragically Hip-OSA
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right now, we have six in a 2 bedroom deluxe. There's room for up to 10, but only six beds. We'd have to get some air mattresses. As far as cost, total for three nights is $520. Dividing by 6, it's about $87 per person. Obviously, with more people, the cost goes down. They do have smaller cabins as well, so if we have too many people, we could get another cabin, as long as they are still available.

·
10,054 Posts
I am probably not gonna make it due to circumstances beyond my control. sorry

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
OH boy..looks like mother nature might throw a twist into the mix this coming wknd :confused: . There saying mid 30's and sun wed -fri to low 40's w/ pos rain sat. Any trails that have a snirtty base will be toast if this happens. When snow4 and I were up there last wknd alot of the trails were snirty in the high traffic areas (near towns) and they havent had any new snow since other than lite showers from LES. Hope the warm line stays south enough so we can get a ride in this wknd though.
On the other hand if you can get off the main trails it should be good providing temps are not to high there was a foot to foot in a half when we were up near stavation lk last wk.

Were still up in the air for this wknd due to snow4's work ,kids and now the weather :bash:
Just cross your fingers and hope it all works out.

mutt

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
We're out....Just got back from Gaylord and left a day early because of trail conditions :cussing: Trails were bad at best!!!! The worst I've seen there in 10 years !!! We rode from Gaylord to East Jordan and back, making the whole loop and of the 130 miles... there were 100 bad miles and 20 miles of DIRT...Not snirt, but dirt..... Trail 765 where it is a seasonal road and is about 5 or 6 miles long it is graded to the gravel road and no where to get snow to the track :cussing: Why they did this I don't know....Yes.... acording to the local weather it is going to rain Tuesday through Friday with temps in the 40's...So it will be a real mess.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
We're out....Just got back from Gaylord and left a day early because of trail conditions :cussing: Trails were bad at best!!!! The worst I've seen there in 10 years !!! We rode from Gaylord to East Jordan and back, making the whole loop and of the 130 miles... there were 100 bad miles and 20 miles of DIRT...Not snirt, but dirt..... Trail 765 where it is a seasonal road and is about 5 or 6 miles long it is graded to the gravel road and no where to get snow to the track :cussing: Why they did this I don't know....Yes.... acording to the local weather it is going to rain Tuesday through Friday with temps in the 40's...So it will be a real mess.[/b]
ick.. now your new toys are all dirty :confused: .I know the feeling though, just thawed ours out today.
That area needs snow during the week or it wont last 2 wknds in a row. we were in snirtty mud stuff sun when we came back to 4-mile. ran the sleds in the fluff around the motel a bit to try washing some of the snirt out.

Let just hope the temps stay down enough , maybe have to sneak a back woods trek. :blush:

mutt

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Snush, snirsh, snirt........arrrrggggghhhhhhhh !

We will be heading farther North ....... We have yet to make it to our "home town" of Paradise so that is where we are headed. It is definetly going to be worth the extra hour or so for real snow.

Have Fun, hopefully we shall see some SW stickers on some sleds.

Snow4

1 - 20 of 22 Posts