Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Going from a stock 24 : 43 ratio down to a 22 : 43 may require you to lower your clicker by one or two numbers 200 ~ 400 rpm) to prevent over rev during optimal snow conditions. For regular usage just try out your favorite section of trail using different clicker setting and take notes. If the TRA adjustments don't get the gearing tuned in to your liking then consider adding weight to the roller pins with a pin kit and a new primary spring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going from a stock 24 : 43 ratio down to a 22 : 43 may require you to lower your clicker by one or two numbers 200 ~ 400 rpm) to prevent over rev during optimal snow conditions. For regular usage just try out your favorite section of trail using different clicker setting and take notes. If the TRA adjustments don't get the gearing tuned in to your liking then consider adding weight to the roller pins with a pin kit and a new primary spring.[/b]
Ok i will try that when the snow lands. What exactly does moving the adjustments up and down do? I heard that it has something to do with altitude but not to shure. I want to learn some information on clutching. I have mine on 4 but dont know why. Is there a page on clutching for dummies or something? i guess that is enough questions for now, thanks for the info!!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
changing the clicker changes the ramp position a little. giving you more or less rpm at full shiftout.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
changing the clicker changes the ramp position a little. giving you more or less rpm at full shiftout.[/b]
As said by Dooman the clickers (adjustment bolts) modify the roller ramp angles to increase the rpm by 200 per higher number and conversly reduce the rpm by 200 on lower numbers (stamped on the sliding pulley sleeve). The best fine tuning by far is to get a set of adjustable roller pins and new primary spring. The best pins are the hollow short models which employ different weight metal slugs that are inserted into the pins. These short pins allow full clicker range adjustment where the less expensive long pins restrict the useage of lower clicker settings because of spring cover interference.

·
4,440 Posts
so true doc. changing the weight is a much better choice to maintain performance, IMO. I have found that mine always works better in this one setting. so I set it there and played till the weight was right. I will make changes to the clicker but I know if I want it best , set it on x and tune the weight.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
so true doc. changing the weight is a much better choice to maintain performance, IMO. I have found that mine always works better in this one setting. so I set it there and played till the weight was right. I will make changes to the clicker but I know if I want it best , set it on x and tune the weight.[/b]
Let's see, with your ramps I would guess clicker # 4. or 5. :D

·
4,440 Posts
Let's see, with your ramps I would guess clicker # 4. or 5. :D[/b]
:whistling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts