Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run 25/43 gearing in my 01 800mxz and was wondering if when properly tensioned there should be that much of a bend in the chain.It almost comes back and touches under the top sprocket.I tried a 74-13 chain but it will not fit.Could my chain be stretched that bad.The 700 mxz uses the 76-13 chain with this gearing.I cant see the chaincase being very efficient with this much of a bend in the chain or is this the way the mxz's are made.Stock gearing on the 800 twin is 26/43.Any theories?I put the 76 chain up against the 74 and there is not really alot of difference in length,maybe an inch or so.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Put a 44t sprocket on the bottom, this will gear you slightly lower but be more efficient.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mxz 900,by putting a 44T on the bottom with the 25T on top would,nt that be the same gearing as the stock 26/43.I put an 1.25 track on and figured i would have to loose a tooth to maintain decent acceleration or am i figuring wrong.Do you have a gearing choice you would reccomend for this sled with this track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts