Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my stock gearing from 27/43 to 23/43 is this possible on my mach z with reverse? Do I need to get a new chain or use stock chain. How far can I go before I have to buy a shorter chain.

·
Registered
310 Posts
ya it will work with ur reverse, but you might wanna get a new chain so you wont have a big arch when you tighten it.  well im not even quite sure if your stock chain will fit, but id get a new one anyway.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The stock 72 link chain will fit but it will have a big bow in it.  You probably can put a 70 link chain on that has a few miles on it with a little difficulty.  The bottom sprocket will be a 44 if it has mechanical reverse.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If you have mechanical reverse with 44 gears your 72 will work with a 23 but no smaller, a 70 is too short for the 23-44 set up, I know I just tried it the other day and had to stay with the 72. If you have ER then a 70 link will work with the 23-43....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you guys recommend me do. This is a 98 machz with reverse. I want to grass drag it(just the local ones). So I can use the stock chain with this set-up 23/44 or 23/43. Does anyone have a 23 gear they want to get rid of.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking on Ronnies microfiche and they don't show a 23 tooth top gear for the machz with reverse. Does anybody know for sure if I can run that gear ratio 23/44 with that chain and the reverse. If so is it a 15 or 13 wide gear. Need some help guys.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
dyno, read my last post! YES, YES, YES. 13 wide-72 link-23 tooth-44 bottom YES! 70 NO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts