Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that last season there was a great thread, pinned or otherwise, about prepping your sled at the beginning of the season. I've seen a lot of questions about carb cleaning, and basic maintenance/tune up items on all forums. Did someone post this and I missed it? If anyone has a good checklist please post. I've got my sled up and running this year, but I'm sure I've missed few items. :whistling: Maybe a safety and equipment checklist would be good too. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit. SWRules

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well.. for me,

I always pulled out carbs (when I had them)
make sure theres not water in fuel tank... (drain some fuel from the tank into a glass and look for upside down bubbles sunk at the bottom of the glass) may as well do this since you have the carbs off already.

Pull clutches and service them... (if you have the puller and stuff)

Make sure all your bearings in the skid are good... me personally I change my bearings every year... nothing worst than having a crucial wheel fall off in the middle of a ride.

check your sliders... again I change them every year.
check your carbides
change the oil in your chain case
change spark plugs
basically go over your whole sled with a fine toothed comb looking for cracks and lose bolts
brake pads
light bulbs
grease every single nipple on the thing (skid frame, steering spindles, a-arms)

In all honesty... it is best to take it to someone who knows what they are doing to do your service if you don't know what you are doing, but if you are insisting on doing it yourself... theres a quick basic checklist to go off of...

someone add something if I forgot it?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
One thing I check each fall is ski alignment (toe-in). I also replemish spares and tools that were taken off in the spring. Remember to update your insurance and license documents with the latest stickers and forms.

Ride safe and enjoy the view.

John.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts