Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 Yamaha ET340T that is, of course, all AC run. I am wonder if I can use a rectifier to produce a 12v DC current to charge a small battery to run some DC only accessories.

Has anyone done this? I would like to know what kind of rectifier to get and where to wire it in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is from a manual explaining the changes made from the 1979 to the 1980 model Yamaha ET340.

It looks like they added an inductor coil to provide power (through a rectifier) to a battery. The battery was to power an electric starter.

If yours is an 82, it may have that extra inductor for making power. Look for a white wire coming out. See what voltages it has on it with the engine at idle and at rev.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a kit from Snobunje that had a rectifier and a dry cell battery to run a GPS. It just hooked to a wire and took one side of the charge to keep the battery charged. I don't think they have it anymore, at least not listed on their website. You can get a Regulator/rectifier and it should be able to keep a small battery charged for electronic toys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts