Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a totally stock clutching system on a 97 summit 670 that I wat about 500 more rpm out of. The problem is the pin weight is 10.3 grams and I don't think I can really go any lower, so how do I go about making changes to get the rpm's that I want

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doc, now the stock yellow is 230, green is 260 and blue is 290. So do you think green would be sufficient or should I go all the way to blue. (I realize every machine reacts different but you know a lot more abou this than I do)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Go with the green and that will give you about 600 more rpm and you can reduce overev with the clickers. Bear in mind that the max horse power rpm is 7700 for the 670. What exactly are you experiencing?... Failure to hold high rpms in the steep 'n deep or you have some engine mod requiring you to buzz the mill.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go with the green and that will give you about 600 more rpm and you can reduce overev with the clickers. Bear in mind that the max horse power rpm is 7700 for the 670. What exactly are you experiencing?... Failure to hold high rpms in the steep 'n deep or you have some engine mod requiring you to buzz the mill.[/b]
The peak power for the pipes I have is around 8200 rpm, that and the stock settings aren't quite sufficient at elevation. Thanks for the advice Doc, I will order that spring tomorrow and let you know how I make out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts