Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
September is an important month to all snowmobilers. It is the first time during the whole year that we can uncover our sleds and sit on them without crying... for soon we know that the snow will fly and so will the $$$ dollars out of our pockets.
The next couple of months will include trips to the local dealer to look at the sleds we cant afford... and trips halfway across the state to pick up the ones we can. Everything will be for sale so that we can buy that sled we have been dreaming of since the release last march. No matter what brand you ride we will all be in the same mode. New helmets, trailers, jackets and performance accessories will don our garages... taking up more space then we have.... and undoubtebly ticking off the "other half".
We will start making reservations for trips way before we have to.. only b/c thats what gets us going. Its ok though the hotel owners understand but many people do not.
For me it will be looking at the $40k property in the woods that i still cant afford to build a house on... but hey i think my camper will look just fine next to the sleds and the makeshift garage.
Friday nights will be spent at the Bar w/ friends telling war stories about who hit what, What that moron did last winter, and the girl with the hot snowmobile bibs on that none of us could keep up with (in the bar or on the trail). For me I have a feeling they will never let down me killing bambi.
My best wishes to all my friends at SW world and sincere thanks to corey for helping us build friendships that have gone beyond the trail... ONLY 3 MORE MONTHS GUYS/GALS

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Great work PowderBoy!! Ya had me picturing the whole process!! :D

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
That was good Powderboy, thanks.

FishHog

P.S. I can't believe you killed Bambi. :nervous:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
the pre-ritual is almost as much fun as the ride itself.yesterday it was 80 degrees in northwest indiana--and i'm outside working on my new trailer(undercoating the axle) and tweeking the lights--and thinking about crossing the big mac for the first time this season.hardly a day goes by when i don't think about something related to sleddin(love that big pantera).yep=powder boy is right..tis the season to prepare...do it now and it will pay you dividends when the snow flies...and remember SWRules

·
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All preparations are in for order now... however i am like most who wait until the night i am leaving to go upstate when it is 20 degrees out and thats when i find out my trailer lights dont work.. Thats always a good time to start screwing with them... Is anybody with me on that one?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I got a buddy that does that all the time.We drive to our meeting spot to
hook up and low and behold his trailer lights don't work.He isn't very
handy so this is trick at getting them fixed :sarcasm: He always says"they
were working when i left the house" ya right with the connector end rotted
off :p

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Trailer lights are a pet peave of mine.

But if I learned one thing over the years;

ITS ALWAYS THE DAMN GROUND

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
We are sick of dealing with the stupid trailer lights.One of Team Renegade members got removable lights like the tow truck drivers have.Maybe they will work better ???

·
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think its an epidemic spreading like wildfire... a good one

·
Registered
310 Posts
You guys sound just like my dad when the trailer lights dont work for the boat. hahahaha

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Yep, Spreadin like widfire. Just tore my suspension out last night and I was in shorts and T-shirt. See my other post. It's just not right. I can't complain of trailer lights though. I hooked mine up and they all work great. Knock Knock. SWRules SWRules

·
Registered
308 Posts
:D I found the cure for trailer lights on boat trailers. The first time I have a problem other than
a light bulb replacement I replace the lights and run new wires and put a new plug
(and GROUND wire. :p

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The trick i found for making wiring harness' last on trailers is when making them use 4-wire 110v extension cord.It has a great casing around the wires already and is completely water/weather proof.Any connections being
done i solder then use the shrink tubes with sealing glue in them.It works
slick and lasts a long time :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts