Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone in the US got their 2008 Special Gift Ideas Catalog? In the 1 I got today there is only 1 price for each item.

Example on page 3: X Team Winter Jacket Limited Edition PN 440423, $389.99

I'm wondering if the US price is the same or if BRP has printed 2 versions of the catalog, so us Canucks won't see the US pricing.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Sorry to tell ya REVRND but you guys are getting taken over the coals again. Part # 440423 is $299.99 in our catalog. Dont shoot the messanger please!! :christmas:

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Yep, 299.99 in our catalog too...

Snow4

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was talking to the dealer a couple of weeks ago & he said clothing sales haven't been great this fall. BRP better wise up & correct their pricing. I bet the Vietnamese that puts the jackets together (my X Team jacket was made there) gets paid the same whether the jacket is sold in Canada or the US.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Look at the bright side:
You can pick out what you like and then buy it for 1/2 price @ net year's Toronto Snowmobile show ;)
That's what I usually doo.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have vowed to not buy any BRP product until they start putting pricing inline with the US

I would ask other to Doo the same

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Thats like skipping the vasoline and just asking for a fist full of sand :eek:hmy:

I would go aftermarket, there is some real nice clothing out there now and its usually 50% less than a manufacturors gear. I can tell you that after going from a Doo jacket to a Castle jacket that I would never switch back.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would go aftermarket, there is some real nice clothing out there now and its usually 50% less than a manufacturors gear. I can tell you that after going from a Doo jacket to a Castle jacket that I would never switch back.[/b]
I'm not in the market for a new jacket, just using it as an example. I still have my '87 & '98 'doo jackets. Both are in good shape. It'll be another 8 or 9 years before I'm in the market for a new 1.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Thats like skipping the vasoline and just asking for a fist full of sand :eek:hmy:

I would go aftermarket, there is some real nice clothing out there now and its usually 50% less than a manufacturors gear. I can tell you that after going from a Doo jacket to a Castle jacket that I would never switch back.[/b]
what doo coat did you have? which castle did you get? I like my everst parka from doo. the rest of them(doo coats I have) I had problems with them not breathing well. the everst is nothing but a shell and fleece liner.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
what doo coat did you have? which castle did you get? I like my everst parka from doo. the rest of them(doo coats I have) I had problems with them not breathing well. the everst is nothing but a shell and fleece liner.[/b]
That was my biggest reason for switching was the ventilation factor. I have the Castle Rizer which has a removable liner and zippable vents on the chest, pitts and across the back. I was down at Novi a few years ago and was all set to buy another Doo jacket but the one I wanted was $279 on special. The Castle was $179 and side by side you could clearly see that it was a far better jacket. The wife bought the womans version last year at Novi and really loves it as well.

Sorry about getting off topic Revrnd :confused:

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
the everest has the under arms and back zip up vents. they are open till it gets really cold. :confused: wonder why they have that problem, everyone I know says the same.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Just got the latest BRP e-news and it lists the 08 TNT at $7649 with HPG take apart shocks, wonder if they sent me the US version??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts