Snowmobile World banner

Girls Into Sledding

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  deb 
#1 ·
I know the majority of snowmobilers are male but I also know there are some women that are into it too. Just want to know how many of the snowmobilers on this board are women? :undercover:

#4 ·
My dream was to have a wife that I could share sleddin' with. :inlove: I found one that was eager to try it but had never done it before. I took her for a weekend and she didn't have the right gear so she layered the clothing on and was so miserable because of it she won't try it again. It makes me sad. I bought her a new Cat suit for sleddin' and she said no, heck, she won't even wear the coat when it's cold out. It sits brand new in the closet. :( :( :(

#6 ·
Well...I most cetainly am a girl and Very Very much into sledding and this site. ! Some people tell me I'm obsessed with sledding, and the are probably right ! Used to snowmobile when I was a kid on my little 338 yamaha. Then, my next sled was a 1997 formula deluxe that snowmutt bought me soon after we met. I am so into this sport that snowmutt and I both decided to get married on them. Many here already know this, but we got married at Tequaminon Falls with an groomer as an alter and sleds lined up for our wedding isle. We rode up on our sleds, got married and rode off. I now have my Rev and I look forward to each and every time I can ride it.
[attachment=33319:wedding_20isle.jpg] Wedding Isle
[attachment=33320:wedding.jpg] Us with our Best man and Bridesmaid..( also riders )
[attachment=33321:natures_outhouse.jpg] This past SW charity Ride doing the trail side stop that woman must do. :p
Snow4

#7 ·
now thats obsessed!!!! :p my wife says thats a kewl idea.i know i bought her a sled this year,she wasn't all that thrilled.she just turned 810 miles this morning and is insisting on a new sled for next year.o oh i think i might have created amonster lol.

#9 ·
I'm a girl and I love to snowmobile. My husband first took me out 5 years ago on a78 Enticer250...believe me, not a smooth ride at all....but i loved it! Brian surprised me with the Legend 500 a year later...next year it will be a rev......maybe us girls should have a weekend!!

deb

#10 ·
I am also a woman rider. I love the sport and enjoy every minute of it, even the bumpiest of trails. I started snowmobiling in 2003, when Roller-doo and a buddy decided to go out for a night. We rode double on a 1991 artic cat prowler for 8 hours straight. I couldnt move the next day. Within a few days we bought our first Rev and then a year later I had to have my own. I don't know what I would do without this sport, I just wish I had more time and that we all had more snow.

#12 ·
I'm a girl and I love to snowmobile. .next year it will be a rev......maybe us girls should have a weekend!!

deb[/b]
:devil: :dazed: :eek:hmy: SWRules Sounds good to me...lol I think some of us better get studying on how to fix something if it broke, because at this point I would just stand there looking like this> :dazed: I might even start laughing which would not be good at all. ! I don't know between all of us we might be able to figure it out and not try to put an idler wheel where a hyfax should go ect...... :lmao: and who in the heck would lead us to where we were going? LOL LOL

Snow4

#13 ·
I too am a doogirl :p I started with a 500 perm bought me for having a baby (pretty good deal IMHO), and have worked my way up to my current ride, a modded 800 gade :) :)
A girls weekend would be cool the only trouble with me, as those who have ridden with me know, is I get lost :p maps dont help,,hyfax I can change, plugs too I can set up for towing and in a pinch I bet I could change an idler as well,,besides getting lost I dont see too many problems..Raise your hand if you need "Tom Tom" for your sled :p

DP you pic collector :p :p :undercover:

#14 ·
Kim, Your too cool Woman ! I would have no problem riding with you ( no men allowed ) lol, and feel confident we would be just fine if someones sled broke. Next year, it is our plan to come up there and you and I can go for a spin while Rick and Jeff do whatever... haha

Snow4

#16 ·
Hey girls I'm up for an all girls ride too! All I ride with is guys theres not enough girls who ride around this neck of the woods!! I can also change plugs I could probably change a belt too. I started on an old Polaris 400 my mom learned on (it had been run into a few trees!!) and I got a '99 fan mxz 440 for christmas and sold that the next year for my current ride a '99 mxz 600 and next year it will be, hopefully, a brand new 600 HO. raceguy, I'm in Cortland.

#19 ·
Hey girls I'm up for an all girls ride too! All I ride with is guys theres not enough girls who ride around this neck of the woods!! I can also change plugs I could probably change a belt too. I started on an old Polaris 400 my mom learned on (it had been run into a few trees!!) and I got a '99 fan mxz 440 for christmas and sold that the next year for my current ride a '99 mxz 600 and next year it will be, hopefully, a brand new 600 HO. raceguy, I'm in Cortland.[/b]
Hi MXZ600Girl.....and a most sincere Welcome to SW ! SWRules

Every year we do a stateside Ride for Charity which is alot of fun. I wanted to bring your attention to it for next year, as we already had the stateside Ride this year, but our friends in Canada also do one which I believe has not taken place yet. (Both of these Rides can be read about and viewed in the SW events forum.) It's alot of fun and a great way to meet fellow snowmobilers. Who knows, maybe one day all of us woman can get a ride together somewhere.. It would be alot of fun !

Snow4

#20 ·
Hi MXZ600Girl.....and a most sincere Welcome to SW ! SWRules

Every year we do a stateside Ride for Charity which is alot of fun. I wanted to bring your attention to it for next year, as we already had the stateside Ride this year, but our friends in Canada also do one which I believe has not taken place yet. (Both of these Rides can be read about and viewed in the SW events forum.) It's alot of fun and a great way to meet fellow snowmobilers. Who knows, maybe one day all of us woman can get a ride together somewhere.. It would be alot of fun !

Snow4[/b]

Thanks!! I'll have to look into that! I finally went out last night (there still really isn't enough snow here) wasn't as bad as I had expected but I took my 11 year old brother out and it was his first time out on the actual trails :rolleyes: so we took it easy, but I am takin a half day at work tomorrow with plans to go out!! And there is snow in the forecast so any little bit will help us too!

#21 ·
:devil: :dazed: :eek:hmy: SWRules Sounds good to me...lol I think some of us better get studying on how to fix something if it broke, because at this point I would just stand there looking like this> :dazed: I might even start laughing which would not be good at all. ! I don't know between all of us we might be able to figure it out and not try to put an idler wheel where a hyfax should go ect...... :lmao: and who in the heck would lead us to where we were going? LOL LOL

Snow4[/b]

laughing would not be good...cause then you'd have to peeeeeee... :lmao: we can always wave down a sledder if we have problems.....im sure a trail full of beautiful women would not have a problem waving down some help....and issue number three....a map.......or a trail that just loops...something like a nascar track... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.