Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good know how of dissassemabling carbs and extensively cleaning and tweeking them? I have my old 92 polaris star and i am thinking of cleaning it up nice and good and selling it, probably gunna put a new seat cover on it, windshield and various other things. Any tips will be great guys and gals

Thanks
Charms

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
hello?[/b]

Those old carbs are pretty basic. Start by taking off the bowl, removing the jets and blowing through them with cleaner or compressed air. Look through them make sure there isnt a blockage, spray everything down. If you get stuck repost and we can help. When you reassemble the air screw should be 1.5-2 turns out from lightly seated. then try turning it half a turn at a time one way then the other to get the idle at its highest point. then readjust idle with the idle screw. When you ride it if there is a slight bog anywhere on the bottom end you can turn the air screw to try to fix it.

If anyone has a better method and explanation please post. I would also make sure the throttle cable is properly adjusted, not too much or too little play, make sure it is opening the carb all the way. Maybe clean out the airbox. Replace spark plug and make sure the cap is still well attatched and not corroded at the wire.

·
Registered
476 Posts
A service manual could cost you more than the sled is worth :lookaround: Well....almost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts