Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys ive decided to call it quits on the MXZ that is sadly mine.  it will never run right, it never has and it never will, so im selling it or trashing it, i dont really care what happens to it.  but i need a new sled if i can get one, hopefully i can.  i knew those new needles wouldnt do anything.  supposedly the warranty has already been done according to bombardier and where i bought the sled, but i know thats  not right, nothing has been done.  so w/e im getting rid of it, i dont want to deal with something i have to get fixed after every mile i go.

Last edited by mxz7 at Sep. 13, 2002, 10:00pm

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Have you gone over the dealer's head? Maybe you should call Head Office. I heard of an instance where the dealer put in Ski-doo that warranty/update work had been done when in fact the sled hadn't even been in the shop.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
are you really having that much trouble??

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya jwheeler ive had all this trouble, its not worth it anymore.  ya revrnd, im just gonna sell it, i wanna try to get a PRO X or a f5, dont know what i can get approved for tho.  wouldnt mind a REV either.

Z

·
0 Posts
sledcrazy,

Where do you live?   I live in Northern Michigan.   If you live close enough to me,  I will offer my services No Charge for the labor,   to see If I can get your sled running right.   What seems to be the problem with it?

If I can help,  Just let me know.

ZMachMan

·
Registered
660 Posts
Same goes for me as from Zmachman, I am in Eastern Ontario.

I don't beleive that it won't go. If it has an engine, we will make it go.

First thing to do is lay out the basics for us. Year, Model, Compression,

Let us know what the symptoms are. After knowing these basics, we will narrow the problem down to eventually pin-point the root cause of the problem.

Root cause analysis, may require more testing but we will do all steps in a logical and efficent manner.

Remember, there are only 3 things that make an engine go. Compression, ignition, fuel.

Everything is measurable, whether it be A/F, Crank phase, port height, combustion temperature, etc.

If you really want to quite, I will buy that sled.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
What a group of guys!!!  Good job ZMach and Madsleadhead
...that's what I love about snowmobiling.

Sledcrazy, sorry to hear about all your problems.  But take it from me, if you can utilize these guys services, do that first.  I've traded a sled before cause I was frustrated with the dealer more than the sled, instead of working the bugs out, and regretted it later.  You have a pretty recent sled there, so a new sled won't offer you much more for what you'll have to spend, except maybe the REV.  I think you'll really enjoy that sled if a competent person helps you set it up.
Just my .02!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have to agree with the other posts. If your only help has been the dealer, then I know your frustrated. The best thing I did was get rid of the dealer and start doing it myself with ZMachman and Bill Cudneys advice. (and many others) My sled is perfect now that I am pretty much a jetting whiz. It took a lot of time to get  to this point but I have no fear of jetting ANY sled. I have read MANY pistons wash and plugs. I say, take these guys up on the offers if you live by them and learn how they go about diagnosing the problem. Good Luck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts