Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is but another sad reminder of Al Gore's totally credible claims of "Global Warming". I know he has absolutly no way of knowing if this is just the Earth abound in her normal cycle. I know he can't read the furure, or explain his own massive "carbon footprint", nor can he explain how humans, as insignificant as we are, could be so influential to the Global environment after only 100 years or industrialization (or as I like to call it...1/1,000,000,000th of a eye blink in global history) and I know he is but one voice among many completely sane and totaly-know-what-they're-talking-about-dude-greenie-types, but I have proof that puts all the arguments to rest. Yes Global Warming is real and its our (read: sledders) fault. I know the vast right wing conspiracy will kill this post when word gets out so spread the word brothers and sisters don't let the man keep us down. Below is a pic that will send the world into a tail spin and give Al the fame he so deeply craves...scroll down if you dare..............................

Behold!!!!!!!!!!!! 05 April 2007................

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
LOL. Global chaos showing parts of her finest :D

About time someone created a thread for this.

Why are people spending $$$$$$$ on trying to figure out pollution in the air? Parts of our biggest concern is the polution in the water, which has a bigger impact on our climates in the first place. Typically, the more salt the cooler the water stays, the less storms and the cooler over-all our climate stays. Why not find a new source for salt, and dump salt into the oceans to make up for all the fresh water that's entering the oceans from the melting ice caps??? :dazed:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Wow, it snowed in April.. global warming is a myth because of it.. Brilliant! Look past your backyard... I know it's hard to do but you need to look at the EARTH, not that you got a foot of snow in your backyard in April...Educated people do not argue with the fact that global warming exists, that it's a known phenomenon and is based on facts, not political agenda.. Mans part in however, it is still up for debate..

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wow, it snowed in April.. global warming is a myth because of it.. Brilliant! Look past your backyard... I know it's hard to do but you need to look at the EARTH, not that you got a foot of snow in your backyard in April...Educated people do not argue with the fact that global warming exists, that it's a known phenomenon and is based on facts, not political agenda.. Mans part in however, it is still up for debate..[/b]
When I was a kid, it always snowed in April. So the fact that it's currently a rare sight, but still happens, only proves global warming IS real... :crazy:

Let's point out that Bush is completely against finding solutions to global warming. I recently saw that he is trying to impose law that methane be added to regular gas across the US. Well, if people think they can get away with burning regular gas because there's methane in it, they'll burn more of it. Enough to counter the effects of adding methane, in fact. Simply put: methane will boost profitability and cause more gas to burn, increasing global warming, not decreasing it.

If Bush were concerned with global warming, we'd all have the option of burning hydrogen and would find hydrogen pumps at every gas station already... but he's more concerned with oil products and the selling of them, not to help prevent global warming.

Well, that's one conspiracy thought, lol. I could be totally wrong, but that's my opinion on it :crazy:

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Like I have stated before, the winter's are shorter and the water in the great lakes is disapperaing at an astonishing rate so whom ever-whatever is responsible please stop!

Make no mistake about it, global warming or not we are killing this planet.

·
Registered
335 Posts
yep, we are killing this planet.. My opinion on how much man is responsible for global warming?.. 99.9%.. All our resources are finite, except the sun..

·
Registered
331 Posts
in april you can get every type weather under the sun

im not supprised were getting snow

in the last 33 years there has only been 1 april were it didnt snow

that s for ontario though

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just tring to be funny, but if its going to be a soap box I'll get mine set up..............

I don't deny GW just the drible and guilt Al Gore puts out only to have an industrial size existence himself, or the fact that most "cures" are worse than the illness.
Example: Australia is banning light bulbs and adopting compact florecent light bulbs nice idea, but... All of these bulbs are made in China. China has no regulatory commission on polution, at least not one that says what the Gov't doesn't want it to. Production will now ski rocket forcing China to build more or add onto its currant production industry responsible for making these bulbs. China uses coal fired power plants to supply electricity to these plants. Coal, if I'm not mistaken, makes polution.
More production means more power needed (read: equal or more polution...just not in Australia)

Another if you will: Scientists studying Mars determined the temps on Mars have risen in unison with Earth's. Sooooooo the rover is a two stroke? There's been an ongoing secret mission to transport all of our poluted air to Mars? Do Marsians drive American made SUVs?

I agree that GW exists, (believe me no sledhead doesn't) I'm just not so aragant as to believe the insignificance of human existence is the reason.

People got in an uproar once about the teachings of a man who said the Earth is only 6000 years old and it was created for us in six days. I'm a man of God don't get me wrong, but we know this is not the case. (probably the three language translation the poor bible went throgh) People once thought the world was flat and the universe revolved around Earth, the whole world jumped on that band wagon because some elders made good points or an atractive power point presentation or what ever, but we know thats not true either. If you want to believe humans are so powerfull and influential go ahead. I'm not buying it.

Great now I've managed to talk politics and religon w/ my friends.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i see where you coming from..

but theres nothing we can do global warming is a political thing now

i thought the rover was electric

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
When I was a kid, it always snowed in April. So the fact that it's currently a rare sight, but still happens, only proves global warming IS real... :crazy:

Let's point out that Bush is completely against finding solutions to global warming. I recently saw that he is trying to impose law that methane be added to regular gas across the US. Well, if people think they can get away with burning regular gas because there's methane in it, they'll burn more of it. Enough to counter the effects of adding methane, in fact. Simply put: methane will boost profitability and cause more gas to burn, increasing global warming, not decreasing it.

If Bush were concerned with global warming, we'd all have the option of burning hydrogen and would find hydrogen pumps at every gas station already... but he's more concerned with oil products and the selling of them, not to help prevent global warming.

Well, that's one conspiracy thought, lol. I could be totally wrong, but that's my opinion on it :crazy:[/b]
Don't you mean methanol? Methane is a gas that cows make.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I should have left it alone.. Sorry... I love my two stroke sleds.. I loved two stroke street bikes in the 70's too.. the lightbulb analogy is a good one.. It's like people who are dead set against women wearing furs...O.K. so no-one wears fur, instead? they wear some synthetic polypro/capalene/nylon/whatever that comes from
petroleum, the mining of which destroys entire habitats, ecosystems and
species, not just individual animals..and cotton
is the worst polluter of our streams by the intensive use of pesticides and
fertilizers (both industries owned by the oil companies). The conclusion is that if we exist, then we consume and pollute. PERIOD

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ok. You can't say that all the crap we have done to this planet isn't gonna hurt it in some way.
The first thing you need to understand about global warming is that the water levels will rise. The more the polar caps melt, the more snow the temperate climate regions will get.
Water doesn't go away. The more you use the more that goes back into the ground and gets pumped back out. When ice melts the water level rises.
Oh, by the way, Studies show the polar caps are continuing to grow.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Ok. You can't say that all the crap we have done to this planet isn't gonna hurt it in some way.
The first thing you need to understand about global warming is that the water levels will rise. The more the polar caps melt, the more snow the temperate climate regions will get.
Water doesn't go away. The more you use the more that goes back into the ground and gets pumped back out. When ice melts the water level rises.
Oh, by the way, Studies show the polar caps are continuing to grow.[/b]
I have had waterfront property on the great lakes for over 15 years and it's disappearance is frightful to say the least. Global warming, draining off whatever....it's a devistating impact to the ecosystem that needs to stop.

Man is it's own worst enemy.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Please show me these "studies" that show the polar ice cap is growing...All reputable reports show it to be melting.The polar ice cap as a whole is shrinking. Images from NASA satellites show that the area of permanent ice cover is contracting at a rate of 9 percent each decade.. I would like to see NASA photographic evidence of the ice cap GROWING..

·
Registered
393 Posts
How the polar caps work: When the poles are cold and growing, big chunks break off and float into the surrounding oceans. The important measurement here is height. When temps are up, the chunks don't break off. The overall diameter gets bigger, the height gets lower.
I.E. if big chunks are breaking off, the temps are not high.
If global warming were an issue the lakes would not be low, they would be high.
I'll say it again, The first problem Grobal warming will cause is polar melting which in turn will create rain/snow.

When coastal cities become flooded then you will know glabal warming is a problem.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I meant methanol, LOL.

Coastal cities are flooding, watch the news. When you are talking about lakes though, you are talking about bodies of fresh water above sea level. These water levels are lowering due to water leaving the lake and evoporating faster than water flowing into the lakes. The OCEANS however, are rising currently 2cm per year. If you don't believe me, travel to an ocean beach, not a lake beach. Yes, the oceans are rising. The ice caps are melting, which reduces salinity of the oceans, which also raises the oceans, which in turn warms up the oceans, which in turn results in more storms such as huricane catrina. Man-made? I think not... we've not done enough pollution to equal the solar flares, volcano eruptions, etc. For pollutions to enevitably heat the earth, we'd no longer be able to breath. Yes, lung cancer is up, along with other cancers, and we are all full of toxins, but no where near the large scale of issues we are currently seeing.

Global warming is like dropping a ball, with every warm spell comes a cold snap, with every cold snap comes a warm snap. We can see unusually cold months when it's typically warm, and unusually warm months when it's typically cold... but until the earth no longer is able to rebound, the ball will eventually stop bouncing and come to a rest. Then what? No more rebounding... so what will the temperature of Earth be? We do not know...

Call it global warming or simply global chaos, it's here, we can't stop it, it would still be here if man did not exist... perhaps we ARE here for the purpose of solving it, who knows. Either way, the climate is not what it used to be... we can no longer count on a winter where we can snowmobile at all. Ten years ago even, that was a different story. Whatever is changing is changing fast... there's no way I should be able to notice climate changes in my currently short life, but even I have seen complete changes from when I was a child. Is the earth warming or cooling? I'm not sure! LOL. If the ice caps are growing THAT could also cause sea levels to rise, they need room to expand. Perhaps this IS an iceage, and as the ball drops it's freezing earth and the heat we're experiencing is the earth trying to heal, and not the other way around.

It makes more sense to see global warming causing warm conditions, not an ice age. It's even harder to explain how global warming can result in an ice age. But global chaos sums it up really well: the earth is large enough that a push in one direction results in a rebound in the opposite. Right now we're warming up, what next?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I would also like to point out: since the first popular El Nino in 1996, we started experiencing unusually warm summers. We were told this would last 3 years. It did. Since 1999, our winters have gotten warmer, and our summers have gotten colder. This trend has never ended. Now our summers are not only getting colder, but wetter. We do get warm spells lasting 2 - 3 weeks of unbearable heat, followed by yet another month of cold wet weather. So since roughly 1999, the trend of warm winters cold summers has come about, and this trend has not changed in the last 7 years (next winter being year number 8). Something happened between 1996 and 1999 that messed up our climate, and it hasn't been able to heal itself since.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't believe in Global Babble..But one thing is for sure we can't keep on cutting down are forests and polluting are water supplies at the rate we are....Yes the ice caps are melting they are always melting at one time it was all ice ( so it is said)...I live on Lake Superior yes it is the lowest it has been on record, I have seen pictures from 40 some years ago where Superior was almost as low, and it was a green Christmas...I believe that a lot of the water from the Great Lakes is being redirected to help lets say the Mississippi River..Years ago you would always here that ships were having problems navigating with low water levels on the river but now you never here of it but all the main river up here are being dredged to accommodate these ships...Just a very strong rumor being thrown around.....If AL Gore wants to put out some type of movie yo show he cares and to make money good for him...Most scientific research revolves around money...

·
Registered
657 Posts
I don't believe in Global Babble..But one thing is for sure we can't keep on cutting down are forests and polluting are water supplies at the rate we are....Yes the ice caps are melting they are always melting at one time it was all ice ( so it is said)...I live on Lake Superior yes it is the lowest it has been on record, I have seen pictures from 40 some years ago where Superior was almost as low, and it was a green Christmas...I believe that a lot of the water from the Great Lakes is being redirected to help lets say the Mississippi River..Years ago you would always here that ships were having problems navigating with low water levels on the river but now you never here of it but all the main river up here are being dredged to accommodate these ships...Just a very strong rumor being thrown around.....If AL Gore wants to put out some type of movie yo show he cares and to make money good for him...Most scientific research revolves around money...[/b]
Most scientific research does revovle around money... however I've never watched that movie. I only report what I read in books (some ten years old) and what I see in the news or discovery channel. They're usually accurate... at least enough to give reason for some of the speculation, even if there's no evidence to support it. The problem with global warming: by the time there's hard evidence to support it, it's too late.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts