Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been sitting on the club participaton sidelines too long and am jumping in head first. Didn’t know much about web site building, and still don’t, but I gave it a go and now there is a website for the Gobles Driftbusters Snowmobile Club in Southwest Michigan. Our club is responsible for maintaining approximately 60 miles of trails including the well known and traveled Kal-Haven trail connecting Kalamazoo and South Haven, Michigan. Please check out the website at www.goblesdriftbusters.org and send me your suggestions or comments via the website.

Special Note: our club is facing one of the most critical years of its existence. Pending legal action later this year and next could have a significant impact on its future. Perhaps many of you can relate to the situation where proving your innocence can cost you everything, perhaps even ruin you financially. The club needs your support. If you are an existing member and have let your membership lapse or would like to become a member please go to the club website, fill out the membership form, and send it in. We can also always use more active members to help with trail maintenance or many other club activities.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just moved in last fall across the street from Chads on M40. I'll get a membership form and send in my membership. You should come to the cook-out for SnowmobileWorld at the house on the 13th of Oct.[/b]
Is Chads a restaurant? What are the details of the cookout?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like the web site. Did you do that yourself? Secondly, does it cost the club? I put up a small site years ago for the Wayland club. Actually, my kids did all the work when they were in middle school. They just left for college. Time flys by... Thanks for the link to the Wayland site. We have gotten a few members because of it. It's great that you are getting active in a club. There is so much work to do keeping a trail open. We do have fun through. We also do some great rides up north. Oatie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the web site. Did you do that yourself? Secondly, does it cost the club? I put up a small site years ago for the Wayland club. Actually, my kids did all the work when they were in middle school. They just left for college. Time flys by... Thanks for the link to the Wayland site. We have gotten a few members because of it. It's great that you are getting active in a club. There is so much work to do keeping a trail open. We do have fun through. We also do some great rides up north. Oatie[/b]
I did the web site myself and learned a great deal in the process. The costs to host a web site vary quite a bit. I think you can do it very cheaply (possibly free) if you allow annoying popups of advertisers on your web site and don't use much memory. This one cost me about $75 for the year.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sebefus I live in the area - just down 40 a few miles from McGoos twoard Paw Paw.
I am as active a member as I can be in SnowStompers club in Lawton, but I very often ride driftbusters trails. I have been thinking of joining driftbusters club too, and I think you may have just convinced me. My membership will unfortunately be monetary only because I try and give my free time (joke) to snowstompers for trail help.

Last year I did the trail report for the Paw Paw area on fishweb, I think I will do it again this season. I always make a good mention of snowstompers on the report, If you like I can see if I can have your website link added to my report page.

Later,

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Sebefus I live in the area - just down 40 a few miles from McGoos twoard Paw Paw.
I am as active a member as I can be in SnowStompers club in Lawton, but I very often ride driftbusters trails. I have been thinking of joining driftbusters club too, and I think you may have just convinced me. My membership will unfortunately be monetary only because I try and give my free time (joke) to snowstompers for trail help.

Last year I did the trail report for the Paw Paw area on fishweb, I think I will do it again this season. I always make a good mention of snowstompers on the report, If you like I can see if I can have your website link added to my report page.

Later,[/b]
the snostompers put on classes for free last year for the kids :thumbsup: . join a club if you can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Later,[/b]
Versatileman,

Thanks for the feedback. Your monetary support of the club would be very much appreciated. It would be great if you could add the Driftbusters website to your report page. We have all the local clubs linked from our website as well as MSA. I am trying to bring some new ideas to the club to revitalize it. Have you ever done combined club events during the winter? Not sure what that would look like but I'm sure someone out there would have some good ideas.

By the way, sweet looking Arctic Cat. This is the first year I won't be riding my '01 ZR 600. Found an '06 F7 squirreled away in a dealer's inventory and am looking forward to that but my ZR sure did treat me well.

·
10,054 Posts
Sebefus, I tried to download your membership form from your website but I can not convert it on my computer. I will try it tommorrow at work to see if I can get it there. If I cant, I will try to get in contact with you to get a copy sent my way. I have only rode your trails one time (with some good friends of mine) and I really liked them. You guys did a good job taking care of them and we all had a blast. I am also interested in getting my son through the safety course and I know you made mention of it on your site. I need to know if there are any times or dates on that yet. I would love to get something set up where I could come up with my son for the weekend, get him certified and then ride there that weekend. I figure idooski would put me up for the weekend,,,

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Sebefus, I tried to download your membership form from your website but I can not convert it on my computer. I will try it tommorrow at work to see if I can get it there. If I cant, I will try to get in contact with you to get a copy sent my way. I have only rode your trails one time (with some good friends of mine) and I really liked them. You guys did a good job taking care of them and we all had a blast. I am also interested in getting my son through the safety course and I know you made mention of it on your site. I need to know if there are any times or dates on that yet. I would love to get something set up where I could come up with my son for the weekend, get him certified and then ride there that weekend. I figure idooski would put me up for the weekend,,,[/b]

You got it!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sebefus, I would be happy to add the link - and thanks for the sled comment. I think the old trusty ZR will be going away this season (just rolled 12,000 miles) and probably replaced with a 2005-2006 sabercat 700.

I know what it is like to belong to a club that is always at the edge of folding, snowstompers is always two or three active members away from disappearing.

Not sure about combining events, but in the past few years when club participation was very poor some of the surrounding clubs sent members down to help with trail put in and take out - you have to love the brotherhood of snowmobilers.

Puree, I am sure driftbusters has a class that will fit your boy, but if not, please check the snowstompers web site and see if they have a class date that would work for you. The club houses are only about 10 miles away from each other.

Maybe we should consider putting together a group ride this season down here, maybe we can find a way to generate extra revenue for the clubs, or a charity, or - heck, just ride for the sake of riding.

Come on mother nature, how about a real winter!
p.s. it is predicted to be 90 today, the first day of fall my A$$.

Later,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think putting together a club ride would be a great idea. Why not try to get both clubs together on it. Maybe ride between the two clubhouses.[/b]
Been away for a while. Great idea Idooski for a clubhouse to clubhouse ride. I'll bring it up at the club meeting next week.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have an awful lot to do getting ready for the cook-out, but I'm going to try to make it to the clubhouse for trail maintenance next Saturday.[/b]
Looking forward to meeting you there. I am not convinced that this first day will be exceptionally well organized but we'll see how it goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts