Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
I run the Scotts turboflow, I have the clear, blue, and amber lens for different light conditions. I also have them set up with the quick strap for easy exchange while out riding. I will never go back to the full face!!!!!!

FZ700

·
Registered
20 Posts
DO you think goggles are better than a full face helmet? Do goggles fog up lots or not at all? I hate the full face helmet when you have glasses you have to take the glasses off to put the helmet on. But the only way to fix that is get contacts or a modular.

·
Registered
745 Posts
When I wore glasses(lasik surgery), I always fogged up with the full face helmets. I then purchased a open face and goggles and my troubles went away. I also wear the MX no fog with my open face. You can also get prescription goggles from Pro-vue(www.pro-vue.com).

just my .02

FZ700

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott also makes a deeper goggle specifically for use with glasses. Once you wear a snocross style helmet, you will never go back. My preference is the HJC CL-X4 Cell.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I prefer the FOX helmet. Just like the way it feels. I've heard alot of good things about the HJC.

FZ700

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Oakley with my MX helmet on mild days .

·
Registered
310 Posts
My dads friend half owns Smith goggle company. So any goggles i get are free, hes getting me some of those snow warps.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i use the oakley "A" frames they are expensive but ive never had a problem with them and i ride as low as -30-35c..

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
when I wear them scott.clear,blue,amber my choices.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have always worn full face and have often had problems with fog. The only guy in our crew who wore moto x with goggles ended up with some nasty burns/scars from air infiltration (was wearing a bacclava). What do you guys wear under the helmet to protect nose, around temples? I have been thinking about cutting over to goggles.thanx

·
Registered
226 Posts
smith pmts, never had problem with smith, wear them from plus 10 to minus 35 cel.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
When I go out to play in the neighbourhood on mild days I wear the Sno-X style with scott turboflows/ blue lense. When I am going on long tour or way up north(Cochrane) the sno-x helmet is out of the question for me as the modular is bad enough on cold days.
When wearing a Sno-x on very cold days you can duct tape your forehead and cheeks to prevent frostbite

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey gutcheck,

The biggest thing to making the motocross style helmet work is to get a breath box in that sucker! HJC makes a nice universal breath box that works great in any moto helemt (if you have problems getting it to stick in there, just buy some extra velcro). Next, make sure the goggles you wear fill the opening in the helmet, usually the thicker the face foam the better. I rode with a mx style helmet 2000 miles last year in all sorts of conditions (-30 - +30) and it never was cold or gave me fogging problems. ;)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I wear a Fox pilot helmet with Scott googles.

Fox helmet is very comfey. And Scott googles fit very well.

But when i go for sledding trips or on cold days i only ride with a moduler helmet..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts