Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious-What's you guys' favorite tricks to do on a sled?  All I can do so far is a superman.  Lemme know!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
My favorite trick is to make 180 + degree turn in deep powder. It's like doing 180 + on a seadoo, you do a complete rotation at one spot to come back on your trail. Doesn't sound much but I find it fun to lean the sled under the snow and come back the way I came in. I've done jumps and superman's but they dont have the same feeling. It would help if I rode in big open space with lots of powder and jumps. I guess I'll just have to move to the rockies

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey that sounds pretty cool!  How do you spin your sled around in one spot like that?
:0

·
Registered
858 Posts
You need at least 3 feet of fresh powder, try to lean at one side and take one ski under the snow, put all of the weight you can in the inside of the turn and squize the throttle. you will either turn on the spot or flip the sled. when dooing this the sled is completly on the side. It's easier to do with small track and short skistance. My mxz 670 works pretty well for that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK-I'll have to try that once we start getting some snow.
Thanks

·
Registered
668 Posts
AC:  i know what your taking about,  Thats pretty fun.  I've done that trick but never tied doing a complete 180!  Do you have a digital movie camera.  that would be something neat to post if you could get it on tape!  how fast are you going to get it to go 180?

·
Registered
0 Posts
This goes without saying and falls  under the common sense realm but, at all costs, don't do what unfortunatley had to
happen to me last year! DON'T LET YOUR FAMILY JEWELS get
betwene you and the seat when you land off a big jump!!!!
Unless you want three adam's apples.  LOL :0
:angry:

·
Registered
963 Posts
this is what I want to try this year!

·
Registered
963 Posts
but this i probably whant's going to happen to me if I try it! lol

·
Registered
963 Posts
but this is probably what's going to happen to me if I try it! lol

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jeepster - There's nothing wrong with a back flip dis-mount!
But I bet it's going to take more then a few tries to get it
right though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THought I might bring this back up now that we are into the season.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Personally, I like the superman-heelclicker-no hands-911 combo.
(911 gets my ride coming for me...
)

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I tried a superman on my touring off a nice cliff... I forgot that there was that seat back there and I caught my feet on it landing on my knees and ultimately throwing me off the sled on landing. I dont suggest you try it.. LOL

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mine is, well I dont recomend it either, a total 360 roll.  I've done it once, and I dont want to do it again.  My hood was messed up and so was my windshield.  Like I said, not fun dont try it.  And I must say it wasnt done on purpose.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I know what your talking about 02 MXZ. Did the same thing. Kinda sucks and costs to much money

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I like doing a superman!  Haven't had any jumps to try anything else though:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts