Snowmobile World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a 2000 ZR600 and would like to go to a 141 or 144 inch track. I am wondering if this can be done with just extensions? I don't do any hardcore jumping. Basically just need it because i boondock alot and am a little tired of getting stuck. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Also if you know where i can get some extensions would be cool, thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have rail extensions to go from a 121" to a 136" if youre interested. I just sold the tunnel ext. and bumper for that set up. The rail extensions are from W.P.S. and are very stout pieces. They are near new condition. I know you stated you wanted to go longer i just thought i would throw it at you to see if you were interested. $60.00 shipped in cont. U.S.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I dont think you would want to go to a 144" track on a 600... you will find it will slow down and you will lose torque... i think 136" would be more then sufficient to keep you outta the deep stuff. meanwhile you wont lose a lot of performance....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know guys that have put 144 on their 600's, and they were robbed of some power. You might try a 141 with 1.5" lugs instead of 2" lugs. That way you have the flotation without having to turn a big track. I also know guys that have put 155's on 700's, and it didn't hurt a bit. I run 136" with 2" lugs on my 600's. I will probably go to 141's eventually on them. I run in the western states where we get a lot of deep powder. The longer the track the better.

·
Registered
959 Posts
go with the 136" track i think if you go 144 your not gonna have power to use it if you go 136 i would say a 2inch lug will do you fine you could always upgrade to a MC 800 with a 144"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good points you have made. But, heres the deal. I will Definetly consider a 136 but the Mountain Cat 600's can be had with a 144. So they must have enough power. I know i will lose some but am not that concerned about it When i was looking into getting one last year my dealer told me most of the guys who buy them around here cut the lugs down to 1.25. I live in the east not the west :( So we have more ice than powder. With 2 inch lugs they would prob. just get torn off. I ride about 50/50 trail/off trail. For instance last year was a bad snow year and some of the places i went we'd stop and get off our sleds and sink well above our waists. Sorry for rambling this is just the reasoning for my thoughts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jsand, do you know where i can get a 141x1.5" track. I looked at Tracksusa and couldn't find any. Also, i can't find an extension for a 121 to 144 only to 141.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Riding in VT you will definetly not need the 2" lug track... I would go with the 1.25 if you can get one.... you will not get enough lubrication on the slides when you are boogying down the trail. I am sure that the 144" mountain cat 600 is clutched lower then a ZR600... you would have to make certain adjustments to compensate for the extra track... in VT a 144" track isnt necessary... i ride there too and i think you'll wish you hadnt go it when you cant take the twists at a clip anymore

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point PowderBoy. I guess i'll prob. go with a 136. The rails and tracks are much more readily avaliable. Now will i need a tunnel extension? I would like to have one so i can put a rack on it without it overhanging the track too far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts