Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering.  its a little east of baraga. I am going with the guys from work and they called and they rate the trails form fair to good. Some spots hard to get into town. But are forcasting some lake effect snows off and on the rest of the week.

Duane

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Duane,
I have gone to Big Bay several times the last couple of years. We always rented the log cabin accross the street from the "Moose" bar.

It is a nice area. The only problem is there are only 2 ways in and out of town. If it isn't busy, it's great. If more than 20 sleds go down it, it is aweful. You will run the luge (like on the olympics) It is a divided trail! One side goes east, one goes west. One way traffic with a median. The banks get about 3 feet high, just wider than the sled. Fast and Fun!!

Make sure you go to Mt Arvin (Highest point in Mich), it is East of Big Bay about 15 miles or so.

This is a pic of our group last year on Lake Indapendance in front of the old Ford Model T fender plant.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is this lake independance a good place to race. I am going with a new group of guys I have never ridden with before all cat riders. Two t-cats couple 800 zrs ant one 800 cross country with pipes. They all talk crap about their cats so I am the loan doo rider Hopefully I will give them some thing to talk about the rest of the year at the shop. We will see how the mach z stacks up against the t-cats. I have the thicker basegasket and head cut it was done buy hrp.

Duane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts