Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to sell the 'ol XLT for a Ski-Doo looking to buy a 1996-1997 Formula SS or Formula III....any problems with these sleds you guys could give me a heads up on...?...my buddy had a '96 Formula SS and it was a nice riding sled and had a good deal of power...thanks for the help!

IndyOneSki      NE Ohio

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I would go for an mxz instead of the SS....just personal preferance, donno how much difference there is. The FIII, like every triple from every manufacturer, you have to watch crank bearings, but other than than that it is a very powerful sled. Whatever you get you will be happy with.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ake sure you get a new enough one that it has the SC-10 rear suspension instead of the C-7. It might be a little more money but your back will thank you! Ihad a 95 FZ 583 and loved it eccept for the rea suspension which I hated. Well thats my 2 cents.
          Ryan

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Welcome to the club IndyOneSki.Permafrost had the F3 and it was a great sled.I agree with Ryan go for the SC-10.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
When do you get your yellow underwear?
Maybe LadyK can knit you a pair
I'll throw in & say pass on the C7. A much better ride & one less shock to deal with.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Ya Gramma. My mom does the knitting and sewing and if your clothes are wrinkled throw them in the dryer

Indy I think you will find that you can beat the daylights outta your Doo and it will take pretty much whatever you can dish out.I cant believe that we sustained so little damage this year as we rode our machines really hard this year jumping and stunting and quite a bit off trail riding on hydro cuts.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
indyoneski,
 welcome, it's good to see a few new pups add to old yellar because we have lost a few to the rx-1.

ladyk,
 how do you get away without ironing ?  
 in my house i won't admit who does it in the morning for the family.  

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I think some of the earlier form ss may have had a mechanical brake as well which you will want to stay away from but i may be wrong.LMAO at Paul Mr. Domesticated Yarek

·
Registered
107 Posts
the 95 Formula ss does have mechanical brakes the 96 has the good ones.  The 670 or 600 triple are very good engines.  the 670 is bullet proof, both are fast. and get the SC-10 like every one eles said.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (paul yarek @ April 13, 2002, 1:34pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">indyoneski,
 welcome, it's good to see a few new pups add to old yellar because we have lost a few to the rx-1.

ladyk,
 how do you get away without ironing ?  
 in my house i won't admit who does it in the morning for the family.  
[/b][/quote]
Throw the clothes in the dyrer. Also no one works in an office or anything so a few wrinkles wont matter.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The mechanical brake wasn't they only thing that was on the SS. I can't remember the other content changes off the top of my head.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
IndyOneSki, why don't you stick a shovel in your wallet and dig a little deeper.Sc-10 is good,but Sc-10II is way better.That would put you at a 2000 model year.I had a 2000 MXZ 500 and just plain loved it.I did go up 200ccs with my new one, but the 500 was beyond my expectations.Wait 'til fall,probably a few trades to pick from a your (new  
) dealer.

Welcome to team yellow

·
Registered
19 Posts
Changes in 95 were mech brake, steel skis, cheaper gas bag shocks and single pipe as opposed to the Mach's twin's, HPG's all around, Hyd Disk, and Composite skis, otherwise identical...I'd try find a 97 or up FZ if that's your kinda thing, one thing no one else mentioned  is that handling will be quite a bit better with the S -Body compared to the F in the F-III.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for the great responses...really looking forward to getting with team doo...as soon as i sell my chevelle first...always somthing ya know?...

Thanks again,

IndyOneSki.....i might have to change that..?..  

·
Registered
546 Posts
indyoneski: should start with something small, just to get use to the power of skidoo

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I changed over to doo last winter after being a polaris guy all my life and im very impressed with doo i got an mxz 700 and its great, although i lost my engine at 3200 kms. but they were good enough to give me a new one and put it in for me so i was impressed with the service as well.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I've really heard alot of positive things about Ski-Doo replacing things. Guys are posting on here all the time on things ski-doo warrantied or replaced even when out of warrenty. Says alot about the manufacturer.
Caleb

1 - 20 of 35 Posts