Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be a daddy!!!  

Now I'm going to have to start saving for a Mini Z or those Polaris 120's look pretty nice too.
I guess this means I will have my sled for a while longer than I thought. Either that or I might have to sell it.
Oh well.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Congrats!, and you got the right idea all ready start them out early.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Congratulations Greenstreak. It's aregular baby boom around here
Better to get the kids involved in something constructive than hanging around at the corner store or mall.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Congrats g/s!!  My boys are 4 and 2 and we will be buying them a Z120 this weekend.  They'll be starting about 7 years earlier than I did.  The 4yr old's favorite computer game is Snowmobile Racing, and his favorite color is green...makes me so proud  
  Don't sell the sled, make it a family affair.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Congrats man! I'm in the same boat as you. Ours is due artound march. Have you seen the new miniREV? It's sweet looking.
Caleb

·
Registered
741 Posts
Now may I suggest you go out and get married. LOL just kidding. Congradulations. I hope your years of being a parent are as fun as mine have been. I have a six year old and a 20 month old. The six year old says she doesn't like snowmobiles (too loud), she has had a ktty kat since winter of 97 and hasn't gone through a tank of gas yet Augghhh, I don't push her though I told her when she was ready she will love it. I thinkthe younger one is going to love it. I took her around the cabin in my kat kutter last year and she loved it. Kevin

·
Registered
959 Posts
congrats  greenstreak..  when is the baby due? do you know b/g yet?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!!  

Just found out today, so I don't know if it's a boy or a girl. I'm about the same as Sled Dogg. The Dr. said March 9, but we're not exactly sure if that's right.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Congrats Greenstreak  
 My wife finally had our bady but was a week late (month ago). Had a little girl this time so I have one of each. My son has been bugging me to let him race all summer so I think if he can show he is ready I will cut him loose next winter. He is 3 1/2 and has been a sledhead from day 1. He likes watching Slednecks and 2 Stoke Cold Smoke better than those dumb Barney videos. Now he keeps helping me in the garage getting my snocross sled ready for next season as I have it tore down to the chassis.
I totally love having kids and am glad that we waited to have them but can't imagine life without either of them. I haven't found a better feeling than the first time my son hugged me and told me that he loved me!! I can't wait to share my love of snowmobiling with my kids!!

Good luck and hope alls go well!!  

By the way it looks like we will be racing in Baraga, MI the second weekend in January so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Myers!
I might be there, since my friend and his wife decided to race that circuit.
Not sure about racing now though.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Right on, Congratulations!!

my girl just turned 5, just about ready for some short day trips.  i think i'll wait a couple of years and move her onto a 340 cc.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Greenstreak- You could always just run the trail sport class at that race. I did that the first year and it cost me only $35 per race. You don't have to pay for a full membership and can just get a weekend membership. Just a thought.  

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might be able to do that. How much is a weekend membership? I would also have to see how much other stuff I would need to buy before I did it. Does the NWC rent safety equipment? I have a race legal helmet, but no shin guards or Tek-vest.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You would need shin gaurds that you can pick up at a MX shop for about $10-$15 and their is a shop ( Itzen Motorsports ) that has a trailer out there that rents Tek Vests but you need to notify them in advance. Their number is 715-884-2791 & [email protected]. The weekend memberships cost $15 and they might also charge a $5 handling fee. That is charged to everyone at the races.
E-mail me if interested and I might be able to help you out. I am working with a knee brace company and the shin pads are part of the brace so I would be able to borrow you my pads that I have been using.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Myers Racing:
Thanks man I appreciate your willingness to help out. I would love to race this year, but unless we sell our house soon, I may be forced to sell the sled.  

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but I guess, I gotta do what I gotta do.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats...Is it something on this website...Sled Dogg, and you..Good luck...Wife just had our girl in June..Already starting her  out on the doo side....See

1 - 18 of 18 Posts