Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my brother has a Polaris RMK 800 and I wanted to know the best location in Minnesota to ride in deep snow, other location recommendations ( mich or wyoming ) would be great also.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
WY has plenty of mountains. The UP in MI always gets tons of fluff. MN--there is no deep snow.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Over in the Duluth area in MN they usualy get allot of lake effect powder and it's about as close to mountains as you're going to get in MN. ;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
you will need to get up in the northeast corner of the state north of duluth usually gets alot of snow. But like others have said UP is your best bet all year for good snow.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i have heard things about internationalfalls if you want to go up there

·
Registered
384 Posts
towgatee pass area of western wy..............awesome!!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Originally posted by phazerhater@Nov 7 2002, 10:14 AM
Over in the Duluth area in MN they usualy get allot of lake effect powder and it's about as close to mountains as you're going to get in MN. ;)
I grew up in Duluth and the only time I ever saw snow quantities worthy of an RMK was Hallloween Megastorm '91 when we got 40".

·
Registered
745 Posts
The Trail Center by Grand Maria gets their far share of lake effect snow. You can also go to Bayfield Wi. they have great snow(Val Halla area). I was in Idaho last Feb. and it was the best riding that I have ever done. West Yellowstone Montana was also fun, but Island Park ID. was better. Head west young man!! Once you ride out there, it will notice it sucks to ride here!!!!!

just my .02

FZ700

1 - 8 of 8 Posts