Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wandering what boots to buy this year. Had a pair of Trukk's that worked pretty good for about 4 years, except the top of the boot fabric rips easily. Tried gluing, patching and duct taping....but they still leak. :(
Anyone have any comments on what boots to buy/not to buy? Anyone tried the new "Highmark" boot?

·
Registered
384 Posts
i was about to buy a pair of trukks.............maybe i better look some more tnks!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
The Highmarks look good, but I have not heard of anyone trying them. I went out and bouth the LaCrosse Sno-Kings. Unreal warmth. Looks big and bulky, but they are really light. My LaCrosse Ice-Mans last for over 8 years and expect nothing short of that from my sno-kings.

:hallo1:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've had a pair of Rocky Snow Stalkers 4 or 5 years now. Gore-tex/thinsulate with removable liner. Fairly lightweight, they say good to minus 100, but haven't tested them on that claim yet :p . They don't show any sign of wear, very comfortable, can wear them all day without my feet getting tired.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I tried on a pair of Highmarks at haydays. They are very comfortable, seemed warm but hard to tell when its 90 out, light, durable looking and very compact (compared to my sorels). I think i'm going to break down and order a pair.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
im trying the klim this year

·
Registered
530 Posts
Going with Klim as well, I hope the 12 fits as they are sold out of the 11.
They will be at the show next week in Mississauga.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
thats where me and go4it will be getting them

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
just bought a pair of the rocky blizzard stalkers. have not got to try them out yet,ie lack of snow. nut they seem good, i used a pair of bear claws last year. they are warm ,but to short if you get of in the deep snow.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I like the HJC's. They are very warm and no laces. They use two buckles just like the ski boots do, very simple, light weight, and warm. Excellent boot, and best of all they are about $69.00 or less if you can find them on sale. ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wear Altimates. I like them alot, had'em for a few years now, very warm, large eyelets for the laces so they pull up easy. Seem to be comfy to walk in, and they have a large rubber toe so there's no seams to come apart up front.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I also bought the HJC's paid $79.00. Simple to put on 1/2 the time of others ,velcro strap and a zip tie type of buckle. Good grip, nice and light weight. I used to wear wool socks before, not with these boots nice and warm. Light weight and not to bulky. I would deffiently buy another pair.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great responses! Thanks for all the input. Boy, this is almost as bad as choosing what sled to buy ;)
Let's see... a boot that's good in deep snow, goes at least 100mph, pulls easily, and can climb steep mountains.... ???

S

·
0 Posts
I've also had a pair of Rocky Snow Stalkers 4 or 5 years now. With the same features as mentioned above. Never have cold feet, good traction and no issues with wear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Listen... Buy a pair of quality snowboard boots. Yeah, that's right, snowboard boots. They are warm, durable, and yer feet will not get wet (from sweat or snow). I wore them all last season (2000 miles) and loved them. If you don't believe me, a lot of snowcross and freestyle riders wear them! :hallo9:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by tughillA-HOLE@Oct 21 2002, 11:36 AM
Listen... Buy a pair of quality snowboard boots. Yeah, that's right, snowboard boots. They are warm, durable, and yer feet will not get wet (from sweat or snow). I wore them all last season (2000 miles) and loved them. If you don't believe me, a lot of snowcross and freestyle riders wear them! :hallo9:
Snowboard boots are good. Great ankle support and a MUST for freestylers. My son started freestyling 2 yrs. ago and thats the first I bought him. Won't let him jump without them. But twice when we were out boondocking once at -23F and another at -34F. his feet wouldn't stay warm. Each time we had to cut our ride short. I think a good snow pack boot might be the only chioce for sub, temps.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've got a pair of Arctic Cat boots and I couldn't be happier. I went for the HJCs but they didn't have my size, so I went home with the Cats. They were under $100, and fit great. I've had absolutely no issues with slipping, or with wetness.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought the Trukk Thundersnow II boots. I have high hopes. This model is not the strap one; mine lace like I want. That way I can really cinch them up good. $111 at my dealer.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Originally posted by zrgreen@Oct 20 2002, 06:25 PM
I've had a pair of Rocky Snow Stalkers 4 or 5 years now. Gore-tex/thinsulate with removable liner. Fairly lightweight, they say good to minus 100, but haven't tested them on that claim yet :p . They don't show any sign of wear, very comfortable, can wear them all day without my feet getting tired.
I SECOND THAT

SNOW STALKER EXTREME's ROCK :sly:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts