Snowmobile World banner

Good natured ribbing

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  WINTERFREAK 
#1 ·
I work and ride with guys that have Polari & Yammis. I don't know anyone that rides an AC, so I guess Basic Bob is my target. Maybe if he were to buy one of my friends a Cat, I'd stop picking on him. Then again, maybe not  

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats half the fun of sleding.  If everyone had the same sled.  sleding would suck.  

I ride with mostly arctic cats and Yamahas.  I have to say last year i was just in heaven.   A cat or yamaha was breaking down each weekend. But they just store it up and wait for somthing to happen to me.  

This year was pretty good for everyone but then last weekend the cats wouldnt start so everything is back to normal.

You should see the arguments we have.  Theres about 12 in my group and 4 are for skidoo 2 dont care 4 are for cat and 2 are for yamaha.  We fight about whats bette all the time and what makes the most sense.  Or what has the best fuel eco. They allways shut there mouths at crunch time when the 800 triple fires up on the first or second pull and they go through a battary trying to start threres.

Everyone has fun doing it and its a good thing.  Because no other sport has this kind of brand loyalty.

#3 ·
This has been one of the most fun sledding years for me since we all starting riding again in late 80's.  Back then, everybody had Polaris, so that was rather boring.  In 1995 I bought a ZR440 Special and that was one kick a$$ sled.  We had some great Polo v. Cat battles over the years.  I actually got one of my buddies to convert in 1997.  Now this year we have '02 EDGE-X's, MXZ's and ZR's, all 600's.  It's been a fun year swapping sleds and KNOWING how each rides, handles, how fast they REALLY are, etc, etc.  When we get done riding at the end of the day, we still have some great arguments.  We are loyal, and I can't figure out why.  Cat hasn't done anything special for me, so I have to assume it's something we are born with.  I have had good luck with every sled I have owned, so no reason to be loyal or disloyal there.  I have a feeling if all my buddies starting buying Cats, I would probably buy a Doo or Polo and jump on their bandwagon, just so we could continue to battle.  Maybe I'm just an a$$hole by nature.  I'll blame it on my Dad.

#4 ·
It is half the fun of sleddin i tell ya.I'll share a little story about what happened to me and the first time this doo rider ate some crow but i ate it big time

I've gone without a single breakdown in the 30 000km i've put on the four ski-doos i've owned and i sure let my riding buddies
know this(especially the ones not ridin doo)Anyway our first time out this year and we get the sleds off the trailer.Couple of the guys are farting around with there new yammis so i go for a little toot up the road to warm mine up.I come back as the others are ready to go and the one guy goes to start his
new yammi and the handle pulls off into his hand and the rope
goes into the recoil.Well you can imagine my non flatering remarks toward yammi.So we rip it apart and get her all fixed up with me runnin my mouth the hole time of course.So we get all suited up again they start there sleds and i go to start mine and i pull the friggin rope right outa the recoil
Well i learned to now be a little more gentle on my brand bashin

#5 ·
I have owned all 3 oem brands.....its only 3 because I dont consider Yamaha a brand because I think you have to sell 500 sleds to be an oem...JK  Actually I like all 4 brands .....I just prefer Cat because I got a really bad Ski-Doo before and my dad who is cat all the way wouldnt leave me alone. I look back now and see why because every picture taken of me when I owned the Doo the hood was up and I was pulling wrenches. I personally like cat because they have looks that only a mother could love.

#6 ·
After we saw the 2 Vipers being towed, I thought to myself don't say anything about it and I hoped John, who was riding a Ski-doo too wouldn't say anything either. We still had 2 days to ride and I didn't want to jinx us. At our next stop, the Yammi rider says, "How 'bout those Vipers?" I just shrugged and John didn't really react.

When we got New Liskeard and got the sleds loaded, I said to John, "I guess we can say something now. How 'bout those Vipers!"   (With a  
)

#7 ·
I have a great time bashing my friends and their Cats and Yammis!  I really had to rub it in when I beat a ZR 580 and a V-MAX 600 with my 97' MXZ 440 Fan!  
  Never had such a great time in my life!

#9 ·
Sharkey~ I pegged her!  Took them off the line and then just went! It was on a big river.

#11 ·
Goooood one! LMAO! We must think alike. Plus I wouldn't mind your MachZ name. As that is thee sled. Thar ain't nothin like em. If there was decent thorough tech for racing the Z would nearly always win. Not everyone has the budget or wants to cheat, that is where I fall in.

#12 ·
NEVER underestimate the 440F.  They call them "Pocket Rockets" and that name is very fitting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.