Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 mxz 600, and im thinking about getting the goodwin clutch kit.  i dont know tooo much about them, so i probably wont be able to tinker around with it.  people say if i want a kit to just put in and go goodwin would be the one.  will i notice a difference with the goodwin or not??  acceleration wise.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I honestly think Goodwin is the best over-the-counter clutch kits on the market. Yes, tuning you can get better, but Goodwin does a good job of providing a product that will provide an improvement in acceleration.

It is definately a good way to go if someone doesn't have allot of tuning knowledge, or the time to tinker. It should net some good results. Also, if you call Goodwin, they can custom taylor a kit for you. Contact them directly, and talk to the tech. dept. and talk to them about your location, weight, mods done to your sled and they will build a kit taking into consideration these factors. And the cost is the same as a regular kit.

I have a Goodwin Kit in my girlfriends 98 XC600 and love it. I tweeked it some, but it was a good change all in all. I have put one in a friends 2001 ZR800 and it worked good also.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have one in my 01 mxz 800 and it's awesome.You can't go wrong with them.You can still play with your weights cause the kit as adjustable pins.There's also heel clickers , you've got to machine your clutch for them but they're very good too.Damon frome GLHRacing on this forum can hook you up he's the heel clicker master and he 's got kits for you 600.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Goodwin clutch kit and pipe for a 2001 MXZ 600.  The pipe and kit have never been used and all installation  instruction are with it.  The pipe is the nickle plated and it sells for $300.  The clutch kit sells for $285.  I will sell you both for $300.  With this pipe installed your MXZ will make approximately 112 hp.  My buddy has this set-up on his MXZ and it flat out rocks.  If you are interested in this kit, e:mail me at [email protected]

A

·
0 Posts
I bought a Goodwin kit off of ebay for my sled and it made one heck of an improvement.  My buddy on his 96 ZRT can't touch me anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts