Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a goodwin clutched 01 mxz 800 and was wondering if anybody tried a straight 50 helix in instaid of the 48/52 .

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I ran a ski-doo straight 50 most of last season and liked the
way it worked.I tried a 50/48 as well for a few weekends but
ended up going back to the 50.I tried them with both the beige and white spring but i personally preferred the white
but i have heard of others having great success with the beige.I ended up dropping the top gear to 24 but only had a few days riding with it before the snow went away
But from
what i did ride it she pulled very hard and i didn't notice any
signifigant top end loss.Hope this helps,i think 800mxz started
a 01 mxz 800 thread back in the spring and it had lots of good
info on what different guys had tried but it seems like no two
800's are the same for some strange reason

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried a 25 instaid of a 26 and it seamed to pull a tad better from low to mid but mid to top was slower.I got the Goodwin clutch kit and a 1.25 track.Tried both gears against a 02 edge x 700 , on a hard surface (he's got a 1.00 track) from a rool on of about 40-50 mph he passes me(finger walkes) at about 105 mph .I top out with the 25 at around 170-173 kph.With the 26 I keep pulling away (he's no match) till we both top out at around 180 kph.Keep in mind I got a 1.25 track!From the rool on till top end with the 26 I'm a good 6 lengh in front.

·
Registered
142 Posts
blk800 -  you stated you have a rk head with the Goodwin Clutch kit.  What primary spring, grams of weight and arms are you using?  I've tried different helixes and found that nothing worked as well as in the kit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run 18.7 g of weight but have not tried the head yet,she should pull a gram or two more.I run the driven at 19lbs I think c5.I baught a clutch alignement tool and my clutches are always cleane and spot on ,tach at 8000rpm is 7800 .I think this kit rocks but was wondering if it could be improved.And you what weight do you have xotar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts