Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have name brand atv google's think there thor or scott that should be anti fog but are not it's horrible trying to ride, so i'm looking to get a full face heated helmet with income tax, but i don't want to spend a lot is AFX a good brand? they have a 2xl with heated shield on amazon for $113

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ski-Doo modular with with breathing kit,,,love it. Had a HJC with heated shield good helmet but on occasion would frost up on the inside. Look around on the web, maybe you can find a close out.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Snowmobile and ski goggles have double lenses to help prevent fogging. If your goggles were for summertime use and have a single lens, it won't matter how expensive they are, they will fog. The cheapest pair of double-lens ones will outperform a single lens.

Polaris full face helmets have a great nose cone that exhausts almost all the breath outside the helmet. They really work at not fogging. I have the AF1 (anti-fogging 1) and have been using it for 4 seasons. I have replaced the nose cone (worn out) and the lens (scratched) and will keep using it for a few more years. The newer versions are supposed to be even better at not fogging. I wear glasses and HATE not being able to see, so I'm pretty picky. (but not picky enough to get Lasix ;) )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thing is i almost always breath threw my mouth and always hot don't madder how cold it is out if i have to get up and move the sled due to no reverse i start sweating lol so will the modular still prevent the fogging up? seems like there around the same price as the heated lens ones

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Nothing totally prevents fogging. On days when I'm working hard, my glasses fog up and the inside of the lens fogs up. A lot depends on the weather and humidity. I use a product called "Cat Crap" (honest!) that helps keep some of the fog from forming, but even with that, there's days where I can't see near as well as I want to.

http://www.amazon.com/Ek-123625-Cat-Crap-Anti-Fog/dp/B002ZNA488

The price from Amazon seems high, I have found it at outdoor stores for 5 bucks. Works well :)

The nose cup in the Polaris helmet goes over your nose/mouth and your exhaled breath goes outside of the helmet via a couple of valves. The more effective the seal to your face, the less moisture that enters the inside of the helmet. But even with total exhaust, your face still puts some moisture inside the helmet. On those days, I crack the facepiece open a bit to get some air movement to keep the air dryed out inside the helmet.

I've never tried heated lenses, the way I ride I would yank the cord off on a branch or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is true.. me and branches don't get along lol i'll have to check out the outdoors shop and see if i can find that and give it a try

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi guys i am looking for a helment for my ski doo should i got with electric visor or should i go with modular 2 i am looking for something that i can see out of and not freeze my face off 200 dollar range canadian

·
Registered
353 Posts
my current bucket is modular w/ nose cone and I got a replacement visor that is heated cost $80

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just remember that heated visors require a little bit of wiring on your sled. Usually not difficult to do, but just be aware of it.

The trend is going with goggles. Is there anyone that has used both extensively and has a preference? I've never used goggles myself and was thinking about going that way. I have an HJC AirTech 2 and the visors are getting harder and harder to find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts