Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
That is a sweet looking sled :thumbsup: How much long until you start seeing some snow up your way?

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I have always liked Yamaha sleds......Congrats on your new one ! Waiting for snow is the hard part now.

Snow4

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
youd think they just used shrink wrap for a hood, wow they fit alot in a small spot. nice sled man

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Nice looking sled! A friend of mine has the mountain version coming this fall - can't wait to try it out! :D

If Yamaha made a 136" sled under 475lbs with a removable 2-up seat I would have had a really tough time choosing between that or the Gade. Maybe next time around...

On the first post, last picture (can't figure out how to quote the actual picture here), what is the tank in front of the brake rotor? Is that coolant, oil or something else?

dave

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Nice sled. When do you usually get enough snow up there to ride? I don't have snow here in Florida but have plenty of sand. :lmao:

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think you are going to really enjoy that sled. It should do very well for Yammi. I'd like to look at one for my wife, but I have to get past that tall tunnel and the lack of a front end. I'm sure once I see some on the trail I'll get used to it. What a package though!!!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I came about this close to buying that sled instead of my F8. Let us know how you like it. I'll tell you this, it was a tough descision.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, thanks everyone :)

We should be able to start riding in late October or early November. The snow isn't so good at first but it's ok for break in. Then starting in December we start to get the real good snow and that will last through May depending on where you wanna ride here in the Last Frontier :)

Dlaine,

What you see in front of the brake rotor is the oil tank. From reading the manual and looking under and around the front end of the sled, I can see it's going to be quite the event doing the oil changes and oil filter changes. I might do it myself or might have my dealer do that for me.

They sure do pack a lot of parts and peices into a small space under the 3 panels. It's so packed together that some maintenance chores will take a while.

JimFritch,

You are right; there sure isn't a lot to the front end eh. I think it's cool though. It's going to be interesting seeing so little out in front of me :)

Have Fun,
Will

1 - 16 of 16 Posts