Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.  My friend had ordered a 2002 baja ds about 2 months ago.  They were oversold so he got a 2003 for the same price.  He had to wait 2 months to get it but he finally took delivery last thursday.

We brought it to my cottage to have some fun.  

This thing is amazing.  The suspention is unbelivable.  Almost everyone that saw it was saying crap like man its a sexy looking thing.  The styling is typical Bombardier Exotic.  

The engine sounds very much like a Mach Z comming at you at full power when you put the DS to the bar and let it rev out.

This bike is flawless in design except for reverse gear.

A buddy of a guy that saw this called his buddy with a raptor to come and stir the pot.  The raptor got beat in a drag by about 4 atv lengths.  My banshee also couldnt touch this thing.

Once again the magazines are wrong about this bike.  It is the ultimate sports bike and just like the skidoos Bombardier has remained true to there name and raised the bar on styling, performance, and suspention to a level where other manufactors have never seen let alone dreamed of. Everyone that rode it fell in love with it.  One thing i really liked was the lighting.  The Headlights lit up the ground like it was day time.  

I have always seen high quality skidoo products but this was a introduction into a other division.  What amazed me is the same plus points on the sleds are in there atvs.  I would not hesitate to buy another bombardier product weather its a sled, plane, atv, seadoo.  I have learned that if its got there name on it, set your expectations high.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Machzzzz1
    How much are you being paid by Bombardier for all your advertising.  Word of mouth advertising has taken on a whole new meaning! LOL I personally still dislike it for anything other than the dunes or open field riding. I want reverse and a machine to fit between the trees we ride through. The DS does have a nice motor once she gets going. How is the 03 on the bottom end compared to the Raptor? I know the Raptor usually get it out of the hole but the Rotax always brings home the glory on the top end,unfourunatly!
Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SledDogg.  It was hard to compaire bottom end.  

The raptor has the short swing arm so if you plant the throttle down low the front wheels pick up fast.  The ds when you hit the gas lifts the tires about 1 or 2 inches and then just takes off.

We had a little race and the ds and raptor looked even until about 3rd gear when the DS just started to pull.

It was also my first time on a raptor.  There are big quality diffrences.

The raptor has no greese fittings, Suspention squeeked, Fit and finish was no where near the DS.  The plastic had crease marks on the raptor and in a race the DS was faster.

I think the Raptor had a little advantage on bottom end but the DS isnt that far behind.  I own a banshee so i know about mid range but the DS is the king of top end.  You could be in 5gear doing 100 and when you hit the gas it lifts the front wheels. One thing the DS really needs is a 6 gear.  In 5 gear it hits the 7900rpm rev limiter with athority.  

But no reverse sucks.  But one thing we all noticed and even the yamaha guys admited the ds turns and handled better then the raptor.  In a corner the ds will slide and the raptor will flip or lean.  An other thing we all noticed is you dont really notice the width of the bike.  When your riding it feels small and agial and it is very stable at high speeds.  When your doing 120km it feels like 30 on a 600 grissly.

I would recommend this bike to anyone.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Hate to mention this color in the 'doo forum but I'm green with envy.  Sounds like a fun ride.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets face it.  Anything with an engine is fun to ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts