Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Jack Pine to shingleton is great; Shingleton to about three miles east of Bear Trap sucks as usual. From there to the limits of Grand Maris is very good. In town there is very little snow as usual.

Shingleton through and just west of Munising is it's usual beat up trail except going to Minors Castle which was very good. Proceeding to Marquette was flat and fast; they now use the railroad bed all the way. Nothing but good reports on that entire section. We had people from our area going back there today with a large group.

The Chatam area was reported in very good condition.

Seeney was reported in very good condition; their club always does a fine job!

Off trail riders reported deep snow and excellent condions in all these areas.

Once again on trail 7 & 8 the contractor has done his normal panning only. It takes only a few sleds to tare things up when they don't groom right. When you are paid by the mile you pan and drive fast to make more money and burn less fuel. Why Munising people, the MSA, and the DNR put up with this; I just don't know, but it is a huge hole in a wonderful system of trails.

Riders report to us all day long and keep us updated on ever changing conditions. These are their reports and I just pass them along.

Digger

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really don't like to respond to trail issues in other areas, but when someone says U. P. trails are poor when ours are in mid-season form, I get upset.

Our swamps are frozen over. We have more snow than Munising. Their issues and ours are two different areas. Our low temps are lower than those by the lake. Our highs are lower too. We get lake effect off of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.

This is why I always tell people to call someone in the area that they are going to ride and call someone they can trust.

Digger

·
Registered
120 Posts
The person to listen to about the trails is Digger!!!!!!!!! I wont drive 8 hrs unless he gives the thumbs up......

Keep up the good work...... See you in a couple weeks....... By the way thanks for the gas and drinks Digger....... Next time we will hit you up when you truly are open.........

Rob

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The person to listen to about the trails is Digger!!!!!!!!! I wont drive 8 hrs unless he gives the thumbs up......

Keep up the good work...... See you in a couple weeks....... By the way thanks for the gas and drinks Digger....... Next time we will hit you up when you truly are open.........
Rob[/b]

Thanks you; hopefully next time there will be more time to talk; just one of those days when we are closed and did more business than when we were open.

I have to correct on thing; Munising contract groomers are not running until the 15th! The groomers that were out were from the DNR!!!!

Reports are still great on our trails and the guys are trying to open the east trail; they have a lot of clearing to do yet and some minor adjustments to that sled to get it just right. The club went down there today in sleds to help some stuff freeze better by packing it the best they could. That is the trail to Curtis.

Digger

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The group had a good ride to Marquette and bragged about the new trail and conditions, except in Munising. They rode to the Crossroads Bar and had lunch and returned at a real good speed. Oh, they said the food was good, so keep that in mind for a lunch stop. I know the owner and he is real nice too. Right by them is the new Cat dealer who appears to be doing a good job. (Geeze, it might be Polaris).

Digger

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Thanks digger for all the reports your efforts are much appeciated. Hope to make it over for a triple or one of those steak dinners soon. You know we will be stopping in when were up for the sw charity ride to say hi .

Spoke with someone in Paradise yeasterday and there breaking the ice w/ the groomer everynight on the south trail to get it froze up . They said it should be good to go by x-mas.

mutt

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the way to do it!!! Things are really different this year; the temps look great for us with highs in the low to mid 20's for quite a while.

Looking foward to seeing everyone. Sledding was really great so far and we have had enough people in to start offering our chicken noodle home-made soup and chillie.

The Munising groomers started running and the trees are off the trails. 7 & 8 are nice now!!! Geeze: make up my mind!!!!!

Digger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts