Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i looked up my current card and it is a 3D intel extreme graphics AGP. this is not compatible so I got the 3D Fuzion Ge Force MX 4000 AGP card thinking I had an AGP slot. Well no I don't, 4 PCI slots no AGP slot unless I am missing something. So it looks like I will see if I can ship it back for or take it into a cpu store somewhere and make a trade.

I hate computers :bash: :bash:

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think I will hate myself if I bought the 64 instead of the 128 mb card? it is 1/2 the grafx but also 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
NO AGP slot?! Is this PC ancient or some Dell prefab one? Computers are so cheap these days you would be better off buying a decent motherboard/CPU combo and goin from there.
As for the graphics card and 64 vs. 128...from the sounds of it you don't need anything more than a 64 since you will be bottlenecked in many other places before the vid card starts holding you back....for this game anyway. Any newer games would shut down a 128 card these days it seems.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
local cpu guy is going to buy it off me. I will only be out $5 so I will order another one this weekend.

It said AGP for the card in there, I just missed the "integrated" part. Oh well, live and learn.

Phazer, it is a 4 yr old emachine.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will be on hopefully Sunday afternoon. Get this.

Yes Corey I screwed up and didn't look to find out that I only had PCI slots and bought an AGP card (the one I showed you). It was an AGP listed card, I just rechecked. So I got it opened up my cpu and no AGP. So I think I am toast. Went to the local cpu guy and he was going to buy for $15 if it tested good, it did. Was about to leave and looked at the side of the box PCI. So the guy listed it incorrectly, and I made out. The PCI cards are going for more then what the AGP cards are ($15 or so).

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im on now! just gotta get the full game and I am good to go.

this new card is sweeeeeeeet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts