Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 97 cougar and im tryin to get the graphics off. i got the actuall sticker off but it left that sticky stuff behind. i tried carb cleaner, gas, and stuff from the hardware store but its still there. should i just go with sandin it off and paintin it or if theres another way of gettin it off. thanks

·
10,054 Posts
wonder if goo gone would take it off?? it should and I dont think it would hurt the paint. it is an adhesive remover,,, get it at walmart, meijer, kmart, hardwares, etc...

·
Registered
580 Posts
We just took all th estickers off of my 99 and used laquer thinner. Took all any adhesive remnants off no problem. The worst part were our PA registration stickers...... the adhesive looked like snot........

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
old ladys detail shop had an orange cleaner that did the trick.

·
Registered
34 Posts
get a heat gun or a hair dryer heat it up a lil bit and buy some of the goo gone spray gel at your local hardware store and spray that on it like eats away at the left over residue will not hurt your plastic at all or your fiberglass hood. thats the best way i suggest to do it and it does work too thanks

·
10,054 Posts
appears to me that if one of these dont take the residue off,,, it wasnt meant to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts