Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on asking the same question at www.grassdrags.com but thought some people here may know as well. Myself and some friends are going to enter the " amateur night " at the local grass drags next month just for fun. I have a EdgeX 800.
Are there any simple " tricks " to set it up for this type of racing ? I have heard guys talking about straping down the front suspension ? My sled has the Fox " clicker " in the rear,
should I set this as stiff as it will go to get it out of the hole better ? I know auto drag racing but this will be a first with the sled  

Thanks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If the amatuer class lets you lower all suspension, do it. It will give you more track on the ground and less ski lift to rob take off power and control. Keeping your motor cooled between rounds is a must too. A couple hundred chisel tooth studs, aluminum if possible with light weight backers.
Good luck!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Find out what you can and can't do to the sled. With that info we can be more specific with helpful tips also, how much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
2 Posts
gear down to 22/41 or 40, 52/38 helix epi black 2nd hole, 66s epi silver in the primary.  set suspension as soft as it will go(if they will not let you tie it down) and scissor stops in back hole.  you don't want to wheelie too much.  Adjust with your seat position or rotate your scissor stops.  at least 192 studs (more in the middle the better)
Then cut a mean light and you will do fine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Also ask if lubrication is allowed for hyfax. Get with other draggers and set up a cool down cart.

RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips guys, keep them coming ! I found out that you cannot tie the suspension down in this class. I am still waiting to hear if clutch changes are allowed ?
I have seen a " cool down " cart before, but is this something
I can make with a auto radiator ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hopefully this year they will not get rained out on friday.I have only grass draged my old blizzard 3or 4 years ago in freemont but I would like to add buy some reg wear bars with no carbide and just jet for the weather.I will be at that race also prob just a fan in the stands though good luck.. jeff in nh

·
Registered
176 Posts
one more thing you might already know but you need a vest and maybe more be sure to find out now so you don`t waste the trip.

·
Registered
692 Posts
play with the jets lean it out its only 500 feet! get the engagement up there drop the as$ end as much as you can.  you have to do everything you can for that extra edge. clutching and getting in the 4s on the lights are key. do some motor work to it, dont think others dont, in this sport you can find the honest people on there trailers after the first run!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts