Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Gaylord sunday for the grass drags and Hackers had a RX1 and they put him in the 700 class.He raced a XC 700 polaris,The polaris red lighted but even if he didnt he still would have walked all over the RX1 because he pulled on the 4-stroker pretty good.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
although the rx-1 is not for me,its still a little early to jump all over it,it will be a great touring/trail sled,buts its not a 500ft race sled

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I was there also, the RX1 ran no MPH. Like 81MPH, about 10 MPH off. It comes out decent, but falls off.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
IT'S A FOUR-STROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Exactly its got a 2 stokes for power and the other 2 as a deficit.

What do you want.  At least it sounds cool.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'll bet by mid winter when RX1's are tuned as well as everything else you won't be laughing. Very few sleds are worth a s*** out of the box, especially first year. I've owned many Machz's some good, some not so good but fixable. Just get off it, give the sled a chance

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I agree mxz900, my 99 machZ was a dog compared to my 97.

I have been cruising all the sites and the the Yamaha racers haven't been saying anything at all.  I really believe we are all in for a surprise come hay days

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Ive seen some out of tune 2 stroke but normally the 4 strokes are pretty close and even if there out it doesnt make it up like the 2 strokes.  Now i know this can be viewed many diffrent ways, but from my experiance a out of tune 2 stroke is night and day and a out of tune 4 stroke is 4km more fuel range and a cleaner plug.

This is of course counting on the fact that yamaha is close with the set up.

And mighty.  Can you explain what you mean on how your 97 was good and your 99 a dog.  What did you do to change this.  Just wondering.  I know the 97 was the fastest year mach.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My bet is that there will be huge improvements to be had in the clutching & gearing not in the carbs. Carbs won't need too much till I change the cams, exhaust & air box. After I get dialed in stock!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
All I did to my 97 was stud it and add a can and it simply rocked.  My 99 would be left in the snow dust. Actually, it was quite embarassing getting beat by your buddy on your old sled.  Initially I hated the CK-3 and wanted the 97 back.  I had to raise the cylinders, cut the head, trail port, gut the airbox and of course stud it to match the performace of my 97.  If I had it to do all over again, I would have stayed with the 97

On the 97, you feel like your riding the sled kinda like a horse while the CK-3 gives you the feeling that you are setting in the sled. I felt like I had better control on the 97.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts