Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about grass dragging my sled this summer.I have a few questions.My sled is pretty much stock except for some clutching and a 192 studs.Would I be able to run the stock class,or would I have to move up to the studded class?Will my clutch setup that I use in the winter be good on grass?Do I need a tether cord to run in stock class? Is the rass a good place to try new clutch and gearing set up for next winter? I'm guess that I'm not ready to put my sled away just yet.Oh ya sorry my sled is a 01 ZR 800 LE.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You can run the stock studded classes, or start in Trail Stock studded 800 single pipe classes. You can clutch, gear, jet, and stud as much as you want. Go into amateur trail stock first, as it won't be quite so disheartening. Unless you like to spend mucho bucks. Then still get beat by sleds that should be in improved stock. TECH INSPECTIONS ARE WORTHLESS THESE DAYS... EVERYONE IS LAZY, but still wants to get paid for just fuel checks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I assume a tether cord is required for all classes of races, at least those are the rules for my clubs grass drags.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Just remember when you go back to winter conditions to change every thing back .,  My buddy draged his in the summer,  forgot something  for winter,  trashed his engine,  three rebuilds later it was still wrong.

·
Registered
172 Posts
tell your buddy is must be his jetting. if not that, then maybe a chunk of dirt got into the carb and clogged a jet.        
you cannot keep on blowing engines from clutching and gearing, maybe if you let it over rev by 5 thousand rpm, but that won't happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts