Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we'll be staying at a friend's house in Grayling starting this Friday for about 5 days. I've never stayed in this area before, but have heard the riding can be very nice. My concern is, if the trails are beat, are there plenty of other options (forest, county roads, etc.) to get around? Are there a lot of off-trail opportunities for pow-pow riding? Any help for this are for a newbie would be greatly appreciated. Would really be great if you can tell me specifically where some sweet powder spots are.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Looks like we'll be staying at a friend's house in Grayling starting this Friday for about 5 days. I've never stayed in this area before, but have heard the riding can be very nice. My concern is, if the trails are beat, are there plenty of other options (forest, county roads, etc.) to get around? Are there a lot of off-trail opportunities for pow-pow riding? Any help for this are for a newbie would be greatly appreciated. Would really be great if you can tell me specifically where some sweet powder spots are.

Thanks,
Jim[/b]
Jim, ran into some friends of yours in Munising last week. They drove Polaris 600's. I think his name was Ken, and his wife. Very nice people. :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim, ran into some friends of yours in Munising last week. They drove Polaris 600's. I think his name was Ken, and his wife. Very nice people. :D[/b]
Thanks. Ken's been my riding buddy for about 15 years now. He's the one heading back up with me this weekend. He said he had fun talking "to my SW friends", as he calls us, lol. I told him I must be famous in the snowmobile community if he walks in a hotel and someone asks him if he's Jim's friend, lol. In the day, his wife could ride as well as any of us guys. Since kids came in the picture, none of our wives have gone that much, but she can still hold her own. Wish I could have been there with you guys. Did anyone have as bad of luck as Barry?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts